we chose this property based on my husband's past stay here 12 years ago as a college aged backpacker, who remembered it as a highlight of his europe adventure after university graduation. Lets just say, much has changed. the hotel iself is situated on a beautiful property with amazing views, but it is not being maintanined to the standard it should be. Cleanliness is an issue in the bathroom, with mold on the showercurtain and in the tub. not just a little bit, either.
The rest of the room felt cleaner, but the bed linens were so worn and old and threadbare, i wish i had brought my own. the pillows had clearly not been replaced in years and years. the staff were friendly and helpful, and we had a Wonderful time canyoning with the AlpinRaft group situated on the property. with more attention to keeping the property in top shape it could be a great place to stay, but we are thrilled to be out of there after 2 nights. Sadly, the atmosphere my husband remembered was long gone. i think this "resort" needs to re-market itself and not try to get residual funny farm business.
- Also Known As:
- The Park-Garden Hotel At Mattenhof Matten
- The Park-Garden Hotel At Mattenhof
- Park Mattenhof Interlaken
- The Park-Garden Hotel At Mattenhof Resort Interlaken/Matten
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Park-Garden Hotel at Mattenhof Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.