Disclaimer: our first hostel experience. Not one of the closer hotels to the train station. Creaky subfloors made it hard to quietly move about in the halls. Bathroom doors need WD-40 and annual carpentry adjustments for quieter closing. Rooms right next to communal bathrooms would have been noisy. Attic level needs staff-implemented cross ventilation strategy. College party atmosphere, private rooms in other building were quiet. Great price, slept great, no lines for bathroom. Happy with our stay. Blankets do not have washable covers, and cleaning staff was folding up blankets for new guests rather than laundering. (Perhaps this is typical of hostels.) Definitely more of a crash pad for a budget college traveler. If you are at all picky, this place will disappoint. If you miss frat parties, this place is for you.
Very cheap for the Alps region.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel Matten
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel
- Balmer's Herberge Interlaken/Matten
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balmer's Herberge. We are the first established private hostel in Switzerland, providing a comfortable and friendly location from which to explore the adventure capital of Europe. The Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau (Swiss Alps) at our doorstep and two big glacier fed lakes are just a stones throw away. We have dormitories, private rooms, apartments and tents. Rated Top 10 hostels of Europe, a product of over 60 years of experience. Come visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Balmer's Herberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.