The best hostel we stayed at on our trip! The staff was very friendly, and their knowledge about the area was very helpful in planning our itinerary for hiking in the mountains (also, they helped us with the free bus pass they provided). Good breakfast, loved the restaurant/grill, and enjoyed playing ping pong in the game room. I absolutely recommend staying here when in Interlaken!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balmer's Herberge. We are the first established private hostel in Switzerland, providing a comfortable and friendly location from which to explore the adventure capital of Europe. The Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau (Swiss Alps) at our doorstep and two big glacier fed lakes are just a stones throw away. We have dormitories, private rooms, apartments and tents. Rated Top 10 hostels of Europe, a product of over 60 years of experience.We are the heart of all hostels. Come visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Balmer's Herberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel Matten
- Balmer's Herberge Interlaken/Matten