My husband and I stayed here for two nights in a twin room on our trip of Europe. It's a fun place, with a nightclub, beer garden, games room, coffee shop and lots of room to meet people. Really loved the free breakfasts included and the guest kitchen. It's not the cheapest hostel in Europe but I think prices are good for Interlaken.
The place had lots of room for socialising, was well located and had good shower pressure even though you have to keep pressing the buttons. Beds were comfortable and staff were lovely and welcoming. The place had a nice vibe about it.
I can sleep through anything, so I was fine with the thin walls and noise through the night, but my husband is a light sleeper and didn't sleep very well due to the noise of people banging around upstairs and outside our door.
I would recommend this hostel for young single travellers, for couples who like to socialise and for people looking for adventure - just make sure you are not a light sleeper or bring your earplugs ;-)
- Also Known As:
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel Matten
- Balmer`s Herberge Hotel
- Balmer's Herberge Interlaken/Matten
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balmer's Herberge. We are the first established private hostel in Switzerland, providing a comfortable and friendly location from which to explore the adventure capital of Europe. The Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau (Swiss Alps) at our doorstep and two big glacier fed lakes are just a stones throw away. We have dormitories, private rooms, apartments and tents. Rated Top 10 hostels of Europe, a product of over 60 years of experience. Come visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Balmer's Herberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.