“Meal on 26th Jan” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Munlochy
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Allangrange Arms is a Pub and Restaurant in the Scottish Highlands, six miles from Inverness, serving real ales, fine wines, and gourmet pub food created with locally sourced ingredients. Once a month there is a live band playing in the coach-house. There are a range of seating areas including tables outside for when the weather is behaving! Great walking in the local area Allangrange Arms is welcoming, warm and friendly.
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Meal on 26th Jan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just in from our fabulous meal at The Allangrange Arms.

We didn't book but ate early; just as well as when we left at 8pm, it was packed.

We opted for the set A la carte menu which, at £30 a head, was an absolute bargain. In addition to the parsnip and apple soup, belly of pork/black pudding Bon Bon starters, there was also a pre starter of mackerel. Our mains were lamb and venison and there was also was a palette cleanser of watermelon shot. And, there was also a pre dessert of cranachan in addition to our ordered Mille fuille and white chocolate ravioli. There is nothing at all negative we can say either about the food or the service. Both were completely top notch. All the staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful without being continuously there. The food was exceptional in both taste and presentation.

Cannot rate this place highly enough but ensure you book before you go as its obvious it's going to be a sure fire winner as is much needed in the area.

The ambience is also lovely with a roaring fire, loads of candles and beautiful table settings also.

Well done all at The Allangrange Arms! See you again soon.

The Stunning Highlands
“New Kid On The Block”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have to say that the Allangrange Arms is a fantastic addition to the Black Isle, Ross-shire and Inverness area. We knew we were in a for a treat from the minute we walked in and viewed the beautiful, rustic interior which just oozes charm and character whilst making you feel instantly relaxed. The staff were also excellent from the moment we stepped over the door, providing perfect Highland Hospitality. For a Scottish Highland Bar and Restaurant it certainly has the wow factor.My only concern was, could the food match the atmosphere and hospitality. Well what can I say apart from a 100% it absolutely could :-).

On this occasion (although we will definitely be back soon to try out the charming looking restaurant and the a la carte menu) we ate from the bar menu and were certainly not disappointed. The Haggis Parcel as well as the Salmon and Prawn paupiete (according to Mrs Jock) starters, were just delicious. For mains I had the sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection and served with a tasty peppercorn sauce and Mrs Jock raved about the Crsipy Duck salad which she said it tasted every bit as good, as I said it looked. Although I didn't have the Burger with bacon, pulled pork, sliced chorizo and beetroot salad I did see it being served and it looked fantastic........note to self "I shall definitely be trying that in the future". It certainly didn't look like your standard pub burger and chips that's for sure, in fact the only point about "Pub Food" that The Allangrange is missing, is the lack of microwaved food ;-)

I had no room for dessert but Mrs Jock couldn't resist trying the Allangrange Queen Of Puddings which she described as "to die for".

As locals we will definitely be regular visitors. I would also definitely recommend the Allangrange to any tourists visiting the area as it is full of Highland charm and just the kind of place I would want to visit if I was a tourist in the Highlands.

To sum the Allangrange up.......just a wonderful, rustic atmosphere, with true Highland Hospitality and food to match.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Style Over Substance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The place itself has got a nice feel and the staff are friendly, it’s certainly much improved in that respect. I'll base my comments on the food however. We went along for a pub meal; I was surprised at first by the prices circa £13.00 for a burger and chips. Now the menu made it sound great, pulled pork, chorizo & cheese and don’t get me wrong I was not expecting a man v food style burger to arrive but I was disappointed at my very small cup of chips and small burger with a limited amount of topping. It was beautifully presented but is that what you want from a burger and chips? Others in the party had a similar experience, food tasted great but was nothing new or particularly special, all served on slate or wooden boards but again portion size was a big issue. I think the point of the pub meal has been forgotten here. I am all up for refining the experience but eight chips is just not going to cut it! I was also disappointed that there was only one real ale available. That said I will go back and try one more time if only to try and support a new local business and the set menu in the restaurant may prove to be of a little more value. I think if anything the lesson here is to remember that there is a difference in what customer are expecting between the restaurant and the bar and the Allangrange could take a lesson here from the Anderson in Fortrose….

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

What a transformation !! Had a beautiful lunch, food was on par with Rocpool and cafe 1 . Portion size was bang on . The menu choice was perfect. Can't wait to try the a la carte menu. A job well done and not forgetting the staff, friendly, engaging and very informative. Loved the decor!!

Inverness
“Wonderful food. LIKE LIKE LIKE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking due to recommendation. Very lucky to get a table. Everything was wonderful, well done on everything especially the parsnip and apple soup! O M G!!! Taste sensation. Ignore any negative comments, no way can you leave hungry. Staff very attentive and knowledgable about the food. Up there with rocpool reserve. Try it soon people, we will be back for sure!