“My beautiful escape to 'Real Spain'.” 5 of 5 stars

Villanueva del Rosario | Malaga, 29312 Villanueva del Rosario, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
May Fiesta Time offer!!
Havant, England, United Kingdom
“My beautiful escape to 'Real Spain'.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a stunning location, beautiful home and wonderful family.
I say family because owners Yvonne and Ray along with all their friendly staff really make you feel like you are at home.

My room, like all the others, was simply exquisite. And the rest of their 'home' is a real testament to their elegant tastes and interests. There is so much history and class oozing out of every corner and the gardens are absolutely breathtaking.

On my first night Whilst laying in my 4 poster bed with the shutters open, I fell asleep to the sounds to the soothing sounds of small garden fountain outside my window. And when I woke up I was met with the most stunning mountain back drop I have eer seen.
A real place of tradition and calm yet so easy to get to from the main motorway.

The food was stunning and traditional with influences from all over the globe. Particular highlight for me was the home made chocolate and orange cake and colourful authentic paella.

Set in deep rural olive grove, mountainous country side I was pleasantly surprised to realise how close to main roads and Malaga I was. Which made it the perfect location for everything I wanted to do during my stay.

I saw geckos, beautiful flowers, wonderful food, stunning backdrops, and elegantly styled rooms and soft furnishings... I will definitely be going back. I whole heatedly recommend an 'Escape to Real Spain' to everyone.

Thank you Yvonne and Ray for a fabulous stay.

Amba Tremain

Room Tip: The wedding suite was stunning, my room was elegant and feminine with a stunning four poster, there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place has been created with love, charming style and with everything thought of for the traveller. It's simply gorgeous with so many little surprising touches in the bedrooms - five star hotels could learn something from this B & B! The huge fireplace and sofa in the lounge with a glass of wine was my own private heaven on a chilly night but with five different gardens you really are spoilt for choice where to enjoy the sun, peace and views of the gorgeous mountains in the hot days. Yvonne is a great hostess and cook - the breakfasts in the central courtyard are worth the trip alone from Malaga! Can't fault the place. A real little treasure that delivers true 5 star accommodation and personal service. Go, you won't want to leave, I promise.

Room Tip: All have their own character and views so it's really down to which one tugs at your heart strin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kadelburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I loved my stay at the Cortijo Sabila.

The Airedales, Stanley and Oscar, only just beat their owner Yvonne, in the race to greet us. All of them made us feel like "long lost friends" from the moment we arrived.

All the rooms are different, but equally beautiful. Ours had a four posted bed and a lovely view of the olive plantations and mountains.
Yvonne offered us drinks, showed us around and most importantly, showed us where to find her as soon as we needed her, then left us to unpack in peace.
Throughout the stay she managed to walk the fine line of always being available to help us, without ever being intrusive. Well done, not many people manage that.

On the first day, Yvonne asked what we liked to eat, and if we had any allergies or dislikes, which she carefully catered to throughout our stay. The food was delicious.
We had different breakfasts most days, varied cooked alternatives, muesli or continental.
Dinner was great, every evening Yvonne would suggest a menu for the next evening and ask if it would suit us. It always did, the food was not only beautifully presented but delicious too, we really noticed that she loves to cook.
It was still cold when we arrived, so we ate in the beautiful dining room, lit by candles and stunning chandeliers.
Later we enjoyed the warmth of a blazing fire in the lovely living room.
Both rooms are furnished with an assortment of carefully collected antiques, not in an intimidating manner, but such as to make one feel more than comfortable.
Yvonne’s husband Ray arrived for the weekend, bringing sun and warm weather with him. They both joined us for dinner in the lovely courtyard, where we had more delicious food and very enjoyable conversation.

During the day, we set out to explore the area.
The Cortijo Sabila is perfectly placed to explore Andalucía, with many interesting sights within 30 mins to an hours drive.

Our first trip followed a suggestion of Yvonne and took us to the beautiful and amazing rock formations of El Torcal.
The next day we went to Granada and visited the Alhambra. A word of warning, come early, with our entrance we were allocated a waiting time of 6 hours to get into the Nasrid Palace, (most beautiful section). We left without seeing it, as it was just too long a day for me, but the trip was well worthwhile. The Gardens are stunning. I presume we could have gone skiing, as the Sierra Nevada was covered in fresh snow.
On the third day we enjoyed Malaga.
One day we stayed at the Cortijo, and enjoyed and the peace & beauty of the terrace
After a quiet day, we set off to Cordoba. This is an absolute “must see”, the Mezquita is enormous, and it is fascinating how the Catholics have managed to integrate a cathedral in the middle of a Mosque and turn the alcoves around the edges into small chapels.
On our last day, we set off for the Costa Tropicana (another suggestion of Yvonne) and headed off to see the caves of Nerja. The drive was lovely, and as we came over a hill, and looked down on the lake of Viñuela, I pointed to a spot and said I’d love to retire there. We headed off that way, and found a house for sale, placed exactly where I had pointed. Somehow the temptation to buy it wasn’t so high, as we realised that it just wouldn’t be the same, if we didn’t have Yvonne catering to our every need!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Waldshut-Tiengen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Cortijo Sabila is a great place to stay. We were there for a few days over a long weekend and are excited by the hotel, its ambiance and privacy. We stayed in an extra large room with with an extremely comfortable bed and a design bathroom. The hotel is quite spectacular, with a grandiose dining hall fully furnished in Victorian style, a living room with a huge fire place and a courtyard where they serve supper if the weather allows. Yvonne is not only a great hostess, but also a gifted cook. She spoilt us with three-course meals for supper which I’d rate 21 of 20 Gault-Millaut points. Also breakfast was always a culinary surprise, every day we got a different variety, from full English to rich Continental. We certainly will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We spent one week at wonderful Cortijo Sabila. This newly renovated hotel is ideally located to explore the attractions of Andalucia. Malaga, Granada, Cordoba – all within one hour’s drive. Cortijo Sabila is a small, fine boutique hotel with a personal service which makes one feel as if one were an old good friend. It is situated some 30 minutes from Malaga airport in a lovely setting in the hills behind the coast. We had a tastefully decorated room called “Cordoba” with a four-poster bed. The hotel features a stylish dining hall, furnished in Victorian style and a living room with the biggest fireplace I have ever experienced. When in April it became a little chilly in the evenings, Yvonne would light up a cozy fire. There is also an inner courtyard with a fountain and various lovely gardens with a pond and several fountains. Yvonne’s hospitality and personal service is unparalleled. I can only recommend Cortijo Sabila.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Its great to see Cortijo Sabila is now on trip adviser - found it while looking at another break there. We were there in October, and had a very pleasant stay. We had a very warm welcome from Yvonne and Ray and their lovely airedales, Stanley and Oscar. Yvonne and Ray have renovated this beautiful Spanish property to an exceptionally high standard, with many antiques. The four en-suite bedrooms are just lovely with fantastic bathrooms.

Cortijo Sabila is about 40 minutes easy drive from Malaga airport. It's set in a beautiful area with wonderful moutain views and olive plantations. The local very Spanish village is a pleasant 20 minute stroll away. When we stayed the work on renovating the grounds was still in progress, but this did not detract from our enjoyment of the afternoon sun on the terrace, and may well now be finished. The breakfasts were leisurely and varied, and we also had some excellent evening meals, in wonderful surroundings. For us this was a very relaxing holiday, but with the bonus of easy accessibility by car to Seville, Cordoba and Granada and beaches.

Room Tip: They're all good, each with its own distinctive style
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a lovely stay here in December, the weather was great albeit cold at night but the fire in the lounge soon changed that. My stay was made easy with airport transfers and fantastic food, expect to see me here in the future.... Thankyou

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cortijo Sabila? Share your experiences!