“Always Great ” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Galway, Ireland
“Always Great ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have attended two weddings in past two months in the Westwood and a few in the past 4 years,Hotel is top class,The food is always brilliant and plentyfull,Always a great atmosphere in the function room .Great venue Great staff Great residents bar.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Firstly the positive things about my stay, the staff where extremely friendly, the food was really amazing - the full Irish breakfast was cooked fresh when ordered and was very tasty. I also had an evening meal of salmon and mash was melt in the mouth. Location was fine easy to walk into the city. The room was clean however it is in the room my disappoint lies I did book a superior room which turned out to be 2 beds pushed together! You couldn't lie in the middle of the bed as the seams of both mattress was sticking up so I feel it was a waste of money booking a superior room.. Also the iron wasn't working and the hair dryer got so warm when I was drying my hair that I had to wrap a hand towel around it so not to burn my hand. Which is extremely dangerous

• Stayed March 2014
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here a few times and it has been 100% consistant. Fantastic staff with great food. The rooms are perfect and immacuate. I have stayed here for weddings and business and on both sides of the scale I can not recommend this place highly enough. It may be a little walk into the city...but its more than worth it!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family stayed three nights and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, meeting all our needs. We arrived after a transatlantic flight and nervous rookie drive on the left side of the road. There was a wedding reception going on, but we found peace and quiet in one of the Family rooms. The room was clean, stocked and ready for my family of 4 (2 teens). We were expecting a tight fit, but the room was spacious and there was plenty of navigating space. The hotel restaurant was good and we found the entire staff to be helpful and friendly, eager to please. The location was slightly out of the city, but was a great launching point to go up to Connemara for the day. City was very short drive or less than 10 euro taxi. Parking was limited the night of the wedding, but available. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cashel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We recently stayed once again at the Westwood Hotel in Galway. This is a really nice and relaxing place to stay our room was very comfortable and unlike a lot of hotels beds we have slept on it was huge and so cosy!
The staff are fantastic here each one nicer than the other and couldn't do enough to help you. The food in the bar is really good and a nice selection. The only negative was the breakfast and as every thing else about the hotel is so good this was so bad so much so that we cancelled the remaining breakfasts we had ordered for our other 2 days. There was no excuse for it as there were only four other people in the dining room. I ordered a vegetarian breakfast and after a long wait out came a full Irish then after another very long long wait out came the burnt offering I had expected sauteed potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms et al well it seems like everything was lopped into the deep fat fryer and what should have been sauteed potatoes was economy wedges for want of a better description which were burnt as was every thing else I it was inedible so I sent it back "would you like anything else came the reply" mmm not likely !!! I did complain at the desk but naturally heard no more. I would stay again but definately without breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Having had a fantastic experience for our wedding reception in Nov 2010, we decided to return to the Westwood for our baby's christening in Feb 2014...we had high expectations and yet again these were exceeded! All staff we encountered were again efficient, friendly and helpful. They provided finger food and tea and coffee free of charge! The quality and quantity of the food was very impressive, this included sandwiches, chicken goujons, potato wedges and samosas. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

we stayed with a 2 & 5 yr old in oct 13 as part of a Halloween package, we got a bargain the hotel staff we so nice and so so helpful with everything, very kid orientated.

I couldn't say anything bad about the hotel it self and will for sure visit again!maybe only downfall is its quite a pain to get in and out to the city center! I didn't visit the pool or gym so i cant comment but i think they were away from the hotel in a different building

ps beds were so comfy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Westwood House Hotel? Share your experiences!