“Not your ordinary hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites

You added Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites to your Saves list
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3696 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel)   |
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Laguna Niguel, California
“Not your ordinary hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have never written a review before but I had to chime in on this one. At first I thought the hotel rooms were a little dated but once I settled in, I found out how fun having a jacuzzi and dual shower head shower is with my hubbie. It's fun.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_Response, Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thanks for writing this review. Not everyone takes the time to do so and it means a lot to us to hear that you had a fun time. We are currently updating our rooms with the newest high definition televisions among other very positive changes. Thanks again.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I believe this is the 5th time we have stayed. There are new owners since the last time we stayed. The place was still like coming home. We were given plenty of privacy and chose to call to ask for whatever we needed. We did have to call for a "do not disturb" sign. No big deal. They gave us as many towels as we wanted. And the tub was great as usual. I suggest bringing your own bubble bath for something more luxurious but they supply as much as you want should you use theirs. I also recommend that you bring an ipod with a speaker for your own music taste. But I am picky about music. I am also picky about cleanliness. Once again not a fingerprint on all those mirrors. The room was clean. It was quiet and cozy despite some construction near the lobby. There was a new flat screen TV but who goes there to watch TV? And the welcome basket of goodies was a nice new touch. Its a quiet and romantic little hideaway and I still tell my friends to try it! I think the bed is quite comfy. Bring your own music, quality bath items, a few candles and byob and you are set!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your continued business. We are happy that you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Tahoe.
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Arabian nights room and it was very romantic, yet slightly funny and awkward with the wrap around, floor to ceiling mirrors. It felt like we were in Vegas in the 70's! We snowboarded at heavenly and partied in Harvey's and Harris. It was a cheap cab ride. We would definitely return but the price seemed a little steep compared to other accommodations we've had. Also, the staff was pretty much vacant, I don't think I spoke to one staff member my whole visit.

• Stayed January 2014
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to weeing you on your next visit.
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here about 10-12 years ago and it was wonderful. Stayed here last week and it was awful. Worst hotel experience I ever had and I have done a lot of travel. I would have been happier at Motel 6 and had better service. There was no movie channels, no DVD, no champagne, no bubble bath soap, only 1 radio station. The bed was uncomfortable, the fan didn't work and it took them coming into my room to make the 1 radio station even work. I will never stay there again. I was so embarrassed after all the bragging I had done to my husband about this place.

Room Tip: I cannot offer any good advise for this hotel expect find another hotel!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience this time. Things do change with time so you can't expect it to be just as it was 10-12 years ago. Unfortunately with the new digital cable boxes they are not compatible with the pay per view movies. It was either have pay per view movies and no cable TV or have cable TV and no pay per view movies. So, we chose to have cable TV and no pay per view movies. We are limited on radio channels, just because South Lake Tahoe doesn't get good reception from them. It is just like the cell phone reception is limited. We are in the process of doing renovations and making improvements. I hope that you will consider coming back to see how we are after the renovations and hopefully not be disappointed.
Modesto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

we stayed at the fantasy inn for the weekend of our wedding we purchased a package that included a 2 night stay in a themed room, the ceremony, photography, flowers, cake, hair and makeup and wedding coordinator for a GREAT price! the layout is very nice and it is close to just about everything on the Tahoe strip which makes it nice.. I was pretty happy with just about everything, the theme of the room was very unique I really liked the whole layout, however, the hotel isn't really handicapped accessible there is not an elevator to get upstairs so it makes it near impossible for people who cant easily move around, my stepfather recently had a stoke and is unable to go up or down stairs and I did not know our room was upstairs until we arrived so that was an issue we also had to make quite a few trips to the car to get our stuff to our room so it was quite a workout to get everything to the room, I really did enjoy the room, only issues that we had run into were the coffeemaker and toilet were broken and the exhaust fans don't work so when you shower it steams out the entire room, which didn't really pose much of an issue...as far as them being up to date its probably time for them to replace carpeting(stairwell isn't really much to be desired) and upgrade on their televisions but who really goes up to honeymoon suites to watch tv anyway?. For the wedding everything was nice, the chapel really was very beautiful. I had scheduled the last wedding of the evening on purpose in order to not be rushed through the end of it however we were asked to quiet down due to the wedding they booked following ours last minute, also due to the fact there were 4 to 5 weddings booked the same day as ours we were slightly rushed through photography since they only have one photographer, and since the hair and makeup artist that they contract with was 20 minutes late she had to rush through the photos of my bridesmaids and I getting ready, although she rushed through it she seemed to cover everything that she was supposed to so the rushing wasn't really that much of an issue she did a good job with all the chaos going on. our wedding coordinator Erica was very nice and helpful the entire time prior to the wedding if I decided upon any changes or additions before we arrived she made sure they were taken care of. our cell phones didn't work up there so we did have to receive our calls in our room and one of my relatives said that the clerk was quite rude to her and as we were checking out he commented on the amount of calls we received which was quite unprofessional. overall I had a good experience I enjoyed my stay at the inn and the ceremony was very nice. despite any negative issues we had experienced the good definitely outweighed it and we are likely to return to the fantasy inn again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you did have some issues. We are in the process of starting renovations. We are starting with the lobby, stairs and hallway. We hope to see you again soon.
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and stayed here for one night during our pre-honeymoon in Lake Tahoe. It's a great location and close to everything. Only suggestion is some of the rooms can use some updating. Other than that it was immaculately clean and a fun time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at Fantasy Inn again recently. It seems to be a one of a kind romantic hotel. While this is no Four Seasons, it is a rather classy hotel which is normally not expected of hotels with mirrors on the walls. I personally wish there were more hotels like it in big cities and popular tourist areas. Apparently Fantasy Inn is being renovated, but it has been going on for a while. The room that I stayed in this time had not been renovated at all which was disappointing. Even so, I still found it nice and clean. The basket of goodies was new to me and I found it to be a really nice touch. As someone previously mentioned, it adds a touch of class likely at a very low cost to the owners. I also like to fact that it seems pretty sound proof. While the water pipes make a lost of noise, I could not hear other people in nearby rooms even though the hotel was full on this stay. I did have a problem with the smoke detector. I guess the room is too small and there is no ventilation so while showering, the detector went off due to the steam, and it took a while for it to clear. I was also disappointed with the inflexibility of the front desk agents. I wanted to have a couple of extra hours past check out time rather than check out so early. I requested a late check out and offered to pay half day which is pretty standard. I was told this could not be done because there would be no housekeepers to clean it. I ended up paying full rate in order to stay a few extra hours. Then when I left, the hotel seemed to be much less busy than the previous day so I requested to see a couple of the theme suites so that I could consider them for future stays. I was told I could not see any because the housekeepers were still cleaning the rooms! This seemed to be contradicting the reason for not getting a late check out. Normally you would check what rooms are already clean and unoccupied so that you can offer options. Regardless, I will likely stay here again. It does make for a nice romantic getaway. I do hope I can view a Theme Suite next time before deciding if I want to splurge on the upgrade. Hopefully it will also be a renovated room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize about the issue with the desk clerk. We are start renovations in the hallway. We haven't started on the rooms yet. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites? Share your experiences!