“Wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Los Banos, California
“Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We got married at the chapel onsite on November 2. The staff fulfilled all the needs I had to prepare for our special day. Upon reading other reviews we were a little disappointed to not be given muffins and water for our room, the rooms were humid and we had to make a few trips to vending machine to quench our thirst. Overall we will be back for anniversaries.

• Stayed November 2013
Kim A, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that everything went well for your wedding. I am so sorry that we didn't have the baskets during your stay. We, unfortunately didn't get our delivery of goodies in that week. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversaries, and hopefully for other occasions too. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We loved our stay at the Fantasy Inn!!! It was a very cozy and quiet place. Great location! Just a short drive to state line, the Tahoe Queen is just across the street, and iHop right next door! The tub was huge and we loved the dual shower!! A fantasy getaway indeed! Highly recommended for couples who want to get away for the weekend! And the price was very affordable!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kim A, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Fernley, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are nice. Remodel has been stopped, needs to be finished. Very relaxing getaway, which is why we go. This was our second stay. We enjoy the location and the shoppes in the area offer a vast variety of venues. Tahoevis beautiful in the fall.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see your again soon.
Quincy, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a romantic weekend trip. Usually we go to Reno (about an hour and a half from our home) but this time decided to drive up to Tahoe for a change of scene. We stayed in a Royal Spa room with oval Jacuzzi (at the recommendation of the desk clerk that said that was more comfortable than the heart shaped ones). There were numerous light switches that didn't seem to control anything. Light switch for shower was on the other side of the room. No exhaust fan anywhere even in the little lavatory/toilet room. Needless to say it became very humid. There was so much condensation in the room it was puddled on the window sill and back of the window curtains looked mildewed. Room was relatively quiet (no hallway noise) until anyone in an adjoining room turned on their shower or jacuzzi then we couldn't even hear the VERY OLD TV. SOMETHING must be able to be done about this as we have stayed at numerous other hotels with Jacuzzi suites and theme rooms and never encountered this issue. I read several management responses to reviews over the last 2 years stating that they are in the process of updating the property. Having not stayed there before its hard to judge what has been improved but to me It looked like it has all the original furnishings and plumbing fixtures from the mid 80's. Dirty carpet in the hallways. Neglected flower beds and containers outside. VERY uncomfortable hard lumpy mattress. While the room was much cheaper in price than other Jacuzzi rooms we priced remember that you get what you pay for. This hotel has the potential to be very nice with some TLC and MUCH NEEDED updating. We will not return until some work has been done on the property. While it served its purpose we left feeling disappointed, very sleepy and not refreshed. Hopefully the management makes good on its remodeling claims. We would be willing to give it another try once it is fixed up! But until then we will pay more for better quality somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I am the new manager here so I don't know what was being said or done for renovations in the past. I do know that the owner is in the process of trying to obtain funding for the renovations. Once he does, then we can start on renovation. I am hoping that once they are done, you will come back and give us another try. Keep an eye on our website or Facebook page for updates. We hope to see you again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I found this hotel after learning that a similar property was booked on the dates I had planned to be in Tahoe. I had such a great time here that I am very glad the first hotel was booked! The reviews here do not do this place justice. The customer service I received upon check-in was above and beyond. As I asked about the room types, I was offered tours of the different types to help me make up my mind. We decided on the Queen's Quarters, on the second floor (the second floor rooms have windows with a view). The rooms themselves are exactly what I was hoping for in a romantic getaway. Many of the rooms have dated televisions, but we weren't there to watch TV anyway. Otherwise it was great to have a refrigerator, and there is a microwave in the hallway available for public use. The beds are comfortable, the jacuzzi was spacious, and complimentary muffins and water was waiting for us in the room, and refilled the next day! I just love when hotels use small touches like that, rather than trying to nickel and dime you every step of the way. We were also not bothered by maids, even though we didn't leave the hotel until around 1pm one day -- and yet our room was cleaned when we returned.

Very rarely do I like a hotel enough to want to return (rather than try another place) but this one, I'm sure I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I was upset because I booked the Romeo and Juliet room and I got a diff one when we got there. The lady at the front desk gave us a 10% discount but an attitude as well. We still had fun but It made me upset because when I called they said to make the reservation online that it is the same thing but when I did a mistake was made. Next time I will call the desk.

• Stayed October 2013
Kim A, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that there was a mix-up with your room when you made your reservation on-line. We are happy that you still had fun. We look forward to seeing you again.
Atwater, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here and we love it!! We came for our 1 year anniversary and plan on coming back next year.
We stayed in the princess room and it was perfect. We love how quiet the hotel is and that you don't hear a bunch of kids running around like at other hotels. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We loved waking up and looking out the window and seeing the snow. This hotel definitely makes our trips to Tahoe perfect and we can't wait to go back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kim A, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be coming again. We look forward to seeing you.

Been to Fantasy Inn? Share your experiences!