“Nothing Else Like It” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Rio Vista, CA
“Nothing Else Like It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just spent another night at FI with my girlfriend.... For the price and large jacuzzi tub, you can't beat the price and location. You are withing a short drive or walk to anything you need. A room at one of the casino's is more expensive and the tub will only fit one at time.... not fun. We were able to check in an hour early, found a nice complimentary basket waiting for us in the room with some pastries, juice, water and energy bars (needed them later for sure....). Room was clean and smelled good but the decorations are a bit tattered and out dated. The huge TV (which needs to be updated.....) and audio/visual hunk hanging from the ceiling was okay, but I had to duck around it to get to my side of the bed. The in ground huge jacuzzi tube was fantastic and filled up in about 20 minutes. Large room with small refer was nice also. We've stayed in other rooms and they have all been fine. Like I said, the price for the huge jacuzzi tub is worth it. We like to walk down to the casino's for a bite or gambling but don't have too. Besides they charge over $200 for a room that offer much less. If you have not been, go. Make up your own mind. It's worth at least one experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We are always glad to hear from guests that enjoys their time they had here at Fantasy Inn. I thank you for sharing your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to tell other about your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for our 5th anniversary for the price it was okay..you could tell they were doing construction in multiple places the tvs were old the movie selection was horrible when it said still playing the movies that were in it have been on DVD for at least 4-5 months already. The box sprigs were two twin mattresses pushed together and weren't even covered with anything so it looked really cheap. It was fun with all of the mirrors every where but definitely wouldn't go out of my way to stay there just because of that.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We have updated our movie selection. It now gets updated at least monthly. We are trying to make improvements to the property, that is what the construction was that you saw. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Once again, we appreciate your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We will be back for sure, came for our 1yr anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect. Check In was easy and richie was very helpful! We had to move rooms due to a fan issue but we didn't mind we got to see two of the theme rooms and they are awesome! With surround sound in the ceilings, to the little gift basket they leave you! So cute! We will be back many time!

• Stayed July 2013
Riverbank, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was better than we expected. The front desk clerk was able to find us a roll-away for our 20-year-old son even though our agency hadn't relayed our request. We were in South Lake Tahoe to see the fireworks show for the 4th of July. The room was clean but the stool in front of our vanity seemed somewhat soiled and shabby. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The carpet up the stairs and in the hallway going to our room was filthy, however. The place was surprisingly quiet even though they were fully booked. Our only noise problem came from the next room when the thundering sound of water (either from the spa or the shower) woke us up at midnight the first night and just as we were settling down for a nap the next afternoon. If you are traveling as a family be aware that the shower is not enclosed in any way and there are mirrors on the walls and the ceiling. It was a little awkward but a source of amusement for the three of us. After all, we were in a romantic love nest and not a regular run-of-the mill hotel!

Room Tip: Because it is on the main street ask for a room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
queen beds and private bath for those who may wish to have privacy. I know that there can be a little noise from the spas when they are being filled but that is something that I am not able to avoid. I am sorry if that was one of the things you experience while here at Fantasy Inn. I try very hard to make each guests stay as enjoyable as I can and if there is anything that I can do I make every attempt to do so. If you notify my staff I know that they will make every attempt to resolve any issue that you have. If that was not the case I would like to know so that I can address it with my staff. I demand excellence in Customer Service for all our guest and will accept nothing less. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other guests looking to stay here with us.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel features large rooms, and every room has in-room spa. The TV hangs in the center of the room, one can turn the TV around and enjoy watching it while sitting in a spa. We did enjoy that a lot. My initial concern was that the spa is 10 feet from the bed. But the ventilation is actually pretty good, leaves no chlorine smell and no humidity in the air. The bed is comfortable, and has mirrors on the sides and on the ceiling.
It was a nice relaxing evening after skiing! Please stay there, you'll love it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am always glad to hear from a guest that enjoys the time they are here at Fantasy Inn. The spa is one of the things that most guest love about staying here. I thank you for sharing your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to tell other about your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Lincoln, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Fantasy Inn. The chapel was awesome and remodeled; however, our stay was not so great. They were doing construction outside our window and we could not sleep all morning....additionally the hotel phone did not work in our room. The worst thing that happened was they ran out of hot water. Apparently the hot water heater was turned off in the building. The tub was clean but shower had mold.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us here at Fantasy Inn. I am sorry that you problems with your stay. I understand the construction noise is not something anyone wishes to have to deal with at any time but especially while on vacation. I can assure you that I have attempted to have the construction company that is doing the Cal Trans highway improvement work with us on the times that they work near the hotel so that our guest are not inconvenienced with the notice. They have not been accommodating at all. I apologize but that is something I have no control over but I do understand your frustration. We did have an issue with our boiler and the hot water. That again was something that we had no way of foreseeing and once we were aware that the boiler was going to be down for a day I offered each guest here at the time the option to move to another hotel and we would take care of all the arrangements and cost associated with the relocation. The boiler was down for less than 24 hours and was repaired ASAP. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay but as I said I believe that all of our guests were given the option to relocate and there were a few that chose to stay regardless of hot water being down a few hours. If there is anything I can do to make this right for you I ask that you please give me a call and I will be happy to see what we can do for you. Thank you again for being a valued guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd stay here. We love this place, the rooms are a great value and you can't beat an in room jacuzzi! We go here for one reason, a romantic love fest! After dinner on the town we brought cake and chocolate milk back to the room. While eating in bed there was a chocolate milk incident. The front desk said they would bring new linens to our room in 5 mins and they arrived in 2! Great customer service! Sorry about the chocolate stained bedding!

• Stayed May 2013
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay with us here at Fantasy Inn. I am happy to know that you are continuing to stay with us and we appreciate your business and value you as a guest. We may be adding some new special late night treats that you might enjoy on your next visit. Once we start offering those to our guests we will be sending an email to temp your taste buds. And not to worry, chocolate doesn’t stain. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Fantasy Inn? Share your experiences!