“Claudette C” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Riverbank, California
“Claudette C”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was better than we expected. The front desk clerk was able to find us a roll-away for our 20-year-old son even though our agency hadn't relayed our request. We were in South Lake Tahoe to see the fireworks show for the 4th of July. The room was clean but the stool in front of our vanity seemed somewhat soiled and shabby. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The carpet up the stairs and in the hallway going to our room was filthy, however. The place was surprisingly quiet even though they were fully booked. Our only noise problem came from the next room when the thundering sound of water (either from the spa or the shower) woke us up at midnight the first night and just as we were settling down for a nap the next afternoon. If you are traveling as a family be aware that the shower is not enclosed in any way and there are mirrors on the walls and the ceiling. It was a little awkward but a source of amusement for the three of us. After all, we were in a romantic love nest and not a regular run-of-the mill hotel!

Room Tip: Because it is on the main street ask for a room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
queen beds and private bath for those who may wish to have privacy. I know that there can be a little noise from the spas when they are being filled but that is something that I am not able to avoid. I am sorry if that was one of the things you experience while here at Fantasy Inn. I try very hard to make each guests stay as enjoyable as I can and if there is anything that I can do I make every attempt to do so. If you notify my staff I know that they will make every attempt to resolve any issue that you have. If that was not the case I would like to know so that I can address it with my staff. I demand excellence in Customer Service for all our guest and will accept nothing less. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other guests looking to stay here with us.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel features large rooms, and every room has in-room spa. The TV hangs in the center of the room, one can turn the TV around and enjoy watching it while sitting in a spa. We did enjoy that a lot. My initial concern was that the spa is 10 feet from the bed. But the ventilation is actually pretty good, leaves no chlorine smell and no humidity in the air. The bed is comfortable, and has mirrors on the sides and on the ceiling.
It was a nice relaxing evening after skiing! Please stay there, you'll love it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am always glad to hear from a guest that enjoys the time they are here at Fantasy Inn. The spa is one of the things that most guest love about staying here. I thank you for sharing your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to tell other about your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Lincoln, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Fantasy Inn. The chapel was awesome and remodeled; however, our stay was not so great. They were doing construction outside our window and we could not sleep all morning....additionally the hotel phone did not work in our room. The worst thing that happened was they ran out of hot water. Apparently the hot water heater was turned off in the building. The tub was clean but shower had mold.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us here at Fantasy Inn. I am sorry that you problems with your stay. I understand the construction noise is not something anyone wishes to have to deal with at any time but especially while on vacation. I can assure you that I have attempted to have the construction company that is doing the Cal Trans highway improvement work with us on the times that they work near the hotel so that our guest are not inconvenienced with the notice. They have not been accommodating at all. I apologize but that is something I have no control over but I do understand your frustration. We did have an issue with our boiler and the hot water. That again was something that we had no way of foreseeing and once we were aware that the boiler was going to be down for a day I offered each guest here at the time the option to move to another hotel and we would take care of all the arrangements and cost associated with the relocation. The boiler was down for less than 24 hours and was repaired ASAP. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay but as I said I believe that all of our guests were given the option to relocate and there were a few that chose to stay regardless of hot water being down a few hours. If there is anything I can do to make this right for you I ask that you please give me a call and I will be happy to see what we can do for you. Thank you again for being a valued guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd stay here. We love this place, the rooms are a great value and you can't beat an in room jacuzzi! We go here for one reason, a romantic love fest! After dinner on the town we brought cake and chocolate milk back to the room. While eating in bed there was a chocolate milk incident. The front desk said they would bring new linens to our room in 5 mins and they arrived in 2! Great customer service! Sorry about the chocolate stained bedding!

• Stayed May 2013
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay with us here at Fantasy Inn. I am happy to know that you are continuing to stay with us and we appreciate your business and value you as a guest. We may be adding some new special late night treats that you might enjoy on your next visit. Once we start offering those to our guests we will be sending an email to temp your taste buds. And not to worry, chocolate doesn’t stain. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was great the staff is very friendly the room was great very clean quiet and relaxing enjoy the themes and the hot tub in room needs updating but still a great place to stay in Lake Tahoe great location will return soon

• Stayed April 2013
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We are in the process of doing the updates and improvements to the hotel and hope to have them completed in the near future. I will be sure to thank staff for continuing to provide great service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon.
Lincoln, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Although the rooms were a little outdated and stained carpets (needs to be steam cleaned), overall the stay wasn't that bad. When updating, might be a good idea to insulate the showers a little better so you don't hear the neighbor's shower

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay with us. I will have to agree with you in regards to the carpets. That is one of the issues that I am working on getting done. We are in the proccess of updating our rooms and giving them a nice facelift. I am sure that on your next visit you will be pleasantly surprised with the changes that you see. Thank you again for your continued business and for being a valued guest.
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband & I stay here July 2012 in one of the Royal Spa Rooms!! What a room.. We had tickets for the Beach Boys concert so didn't get to spend as much time in the room as we had hoped. Promised each other we would go back... husband had surgery last Aug complications arose and he is now up to going back so we are headed back there this week end. We can't wait to get there and just relax and leave the world outside. As we were leaving last July Kathy was at the front desk and we talked for a bit about the rooms being redone... I had hoped the ground level spas would still be there when we were able to go back but she was not sure if they would be.WELL YES THEY STILL ARE and we will be staying in one of the Deluxe Themed Rooms.So glad they didn't take those out as of yet....Highly reccomend anyone looking for a nice relaxing week end to look into these rooms... you won't regret it at all....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences while stay with us here at Fantasy Inn and Wedding Chapel. I am so glad that you had the chance to stay in one of the deluxe Theme rooms on your last visit. Your not alone in saying that you hope that the sunken spas are one of the things that we continue to offer. many of our guests feel the same. Thank you again for being a valued guest and we appricate your business.

Been to Fantasy Inn? Share your experiences!