“A very good choice for a romantic weekend for two!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites

You added Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites to your Saves list
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3696 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel)   |
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“A very good choice for a romantic weekend for two!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I selected this hotel for our first anniversary getaway. Reviews were mixed, so I trusted my instincts. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the hotel and the theme it is based on. It is a quite hotel with lot of privacy for the guests and spacious rooms with lots of personal touches given to ensure the guests feel special. We were welcomed in the room by a goodies basket with a thank you note, temperature of the room already set to comfortable. It was freaking cold outside and we really needed that. Another thing I really liked was that some nice music was kept on as we entered and took a view of the room. We booked a Royal Spa room, so it was very spacious with a huge, clean tub and a very nice and comfortable bed. The decor of the room makes it very romantic. For some, the decor can be a little over the top, but for some, it can be a very nice change from the usual hotel decor. The place is indeed a little old, but it is very well kept and it looks old in a nice way like an old inn or a old hotel. The jets or the tub inlet tap makes a some noise and you can hear when your neighbor turned their tun on. Not a big deal but something to keep in mind. For the price I paid and service and the room I received, I really recommend it to someone looking for a nice romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Royal Spa King is a huge room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us here at Fantasy Inn. I do appreciate it very much. All of the staff here as well as myself are working very hard to ensure that all of our guest have a pleasant and enjoyable stay while they are here. I just recently added the baskets for our guests to enjoy. I was very pleased with the number of guests who have made it a point to stop by the desk and let us know they really like them. We are going to be adding a breakfast area in the future that where guests will enjoy a delicious buffet style breakfast at no extra charge. Until that is available I felt that guest should at least have a little something to hold them over until they are ready to go have breakfast. Next time you are here please stop by the office and introduce yourself as I like to get to know as many of our guest as I can and I am always happy to hear your comments and ideas for what makes your hotel stays one that you truly remember and wish to experience again.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atwater, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was looking for a romantic place to stay for our anniversary and we loved this hotel! We stayed in the Royal Spa room. The jet tub was amazing!! The shower was great. We are planning on going back to Tahoe again for a longer stay and will be staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us at Fantasy Inn. I am always happy to hear and see about guest that return each year and give us the privlidge of hosting thier special day such as birthdays, anniversaies or weekend getaways. Thank you again and we will see you soon.
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although the hotel is somewhat dated the room was nicely done and not over the top as we thought might be the case. They are in the process of updating all their rooms so they should be a little nicer in the near future. Nice romantic getaway. Will go again when the rooms are all updated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us here at Fantasy Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are all very excited about the all the changes that we are making and hope that you will be as well. We look forward to seeing again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This our second stay here, we stayed here 15 yrs ago in the Arabian nights room. There was strange mural of a woman in a burka that was creepy. But we decided to give it another go since its been remodeled. We stayed stayed in the Anthony & Cleopatra room which was very nice. Give a shout out to Christopher at the front desk who was very nice a check in. Our room was clean and there was a cool gift basket too! The cleaning crew was in hit the 2nd night. The roomed smelled clean and our blankets were laid out in a welcoming way. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Kim A, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your opinion. We look forward to seeing you again.
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

During our travels with another couple, my boyfriend and I had always wanted to stay here but were put off by the image that it had had. We decided to chance it regardless as the other couple had honeymooned here 17 years ago.
I have traveled to many places and in all sorts of establishments from 2 star to 5 star and everything in between. You couldn't beat the price, the front desk clerk was helpful and warm and inviting.
The whole front area is decorated beautifully and not the cheezey style I had expected. The little chapel door was open and when my friend and I peeked inside we were so surprised how classy the decor looked! Very modern, sophisticated and CLEAN!! Pretty too!
Then we got to our room... Our friends were in the Roman suite and we had the Jungle Room. Too fun! I was shocked by how CLEAN the room was! (I had also quizzed the clerk regarding the cleanliness of the jets in the tub as I am (only slightly) neurotic about that kind of stuff. It was all very clean and well put together. I understand they are in the process of remodeling and I am sure that updated things like carpet etc will ensue, but what WAS there currently was well cared for and clean.
A few minutes after checking out our room, the front clerk stopped by with a sweet little basket of items! It was wonderful and that special little something to make us feel valued as a customer. FRESH muffins and fruit and orange juice and apple juice and snack bars etc. Nothing huge that will break their bank but at the same time incredibly convenient for us. It was a thoughtful gesture towards customers that is so welcoming as in the style of a more personal B & B. Loved that.
Everything worked beautifully, the fireplace put out tons of heat, TV could swivel anywhere and you could see it from all sides anyhow from all of the mirrors in the room! The bed was brand new and firm and the linens very fresh and clean. The pillows were also in fabulous condition for this picky, difficult sleeper. The tub was plenty big enough with even room to spare for my 6'1 tall boyfriend.
The only downside of the whole stay was that we were only there one night. I would ABSOLUTELY look forward to returning and having the opportunity to see all the rest of their renovations when they are complete. Huge hats off to the new owners, keep up the good work!

*Only suggestion: Maybe work with nearby things to do such as Heavenly Gondola to offer your guests an *exclusive* coupon for a couple bucks off etc. It's right in your backyard and a nice thing to offer. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I first would like to thank you for your comments and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, the hotel is in the process of renovating and remodeling the property and there are many new and exciting changes happening. We are putting together some packages that I hope our guests will enjoy, some of which offer ski lift tickets, dinner dance cruises, boat rides and snow mobiling for example. All of our packages will offer guests great deals and can be customized for each individual guest. We also have information packets available for those who are not sure what our town has to offer for activities and points of interest. Thank you for that suggestion. Hopefully on your next visit you will once again be pleased with what you find and join the ranks of our many regular return guests that we look forward to seeing each year.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have considered staying here in the past, but was discouraged by the bad reviews. A couple of years ago I asked to see a room and saw their princess suite, but what I was not encouraged. I finally had an opportunity to stay recently when I was looking to spend a romantic night with my wife and the only other rooms available in the city where too expensive standard rooms, or cheap rooms in small hotels with low ratings. For the room features, I felt the rate at Fantasy Inn was worth it. The lobby was much cleaner and neater that it was the previous time I stayed and I was impressed by the appearance of the wedding chappell off the front desk. I asked to see a room and the front desk agent guided us to see a couple of rooms. I was immediately impressed by the cleanliness of the hallways. Both rooms that we got to see were surprisingly clean. We eventually opted to stay in a Royal suite with the heart shaped bath tub and a fireplace. The room features and the cleanliness were the things that stood out and convinced us to stay here since it is so opposite to what I have read in previous reviews. There is no question that the rooms need to be updated and reading the GM's previous responses explaining about an ongoing renovation, I hope it is true. I think the windows should have sheers so that you can have some daylight without compromising privacy, my room did not. There is a huge CRT TV hanging from the ceiling with a sound system connected. I think you can turn it so you can watch tv from the bed or bath tub, but was afraid to try thinking that the tv would crash down. In these days of flat screen TV's, I hope this is one of the things that are changing along with installing a sound system where you can plug in an ipod/ipad/mp3 player; maybe even a DVD player. The two showers were great, but it would be nice with a bigger shower head like some other hotels have. The carpet has seen better days, though it must be difficult to keep clean with a bath tub in the room. The heater was off when we entered the room so it was quite cold and the room took a long time to warm up once we turned the heater on, though together with the fireplace, it eventually got pretty warm. We also had a very good night's sleep on the firm bed. The towels did not seem very old, but were rather rought. I will likely stay here again in future visits and would recommend this for couples, though not for those travelling with kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and comments. Being that we are now under new ownership the hotel is going through many exciting changes and improvements. One of the biggest obstacles that we have had to overcome is the negative reviews and comments that are associated with the prior ownership. It has not been easy and it is an ongoing challenge. But one that we welcome. It is your comments and input that help us to make the improvements and changes that help us to climb higher in ranks among the other properties in our area. I am proud to say that our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their jobs and I believe that it shows in the cleanliness of the rooms. If there is an issue that needs to be addressed I work very hard to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. I always welcome all my guests’ comments and concerns be it good or bad. I try to make every attempt to make sure our guests have a pleasant experience while staying with us here at Fantasy Inn. If there is anything that we can do to help make our guest’s trip more enjoyable we are happy to do what we can to see that happens. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

First I must thank Kathy for giving us the october deal even though our stay was in november. I will continue to stay and send my friends to the fantasy Inn! This stay was just as great as the others. We were excited to see that rennovations have begun in some of the rooms. Our fav room 110 marie antoinette appeared to have fresh paint on the walls and new bed linens and a new coffee maker since we last stayed in march. It was clean and well stocked with paul mitchell ammenities and large white towels, as many as we could ask for. We stayed 3 nights this time and love the large sized rooms that you just can't find elsewhere. This year out of curiosity we toured some theme rooms of other motels in the area. And we still remain fantasy inn faithful!! The rooms are huge and we intend to use that giant tub and open shower!!! You can't get that anywhere else. With rooms large enough to hang out comfortably, and all those fantastic mirrors...go for the gusto, get out of your shell, soak in a heart shaped jacuzzi, walk to the beach.... Just try it once and you will feel like you are going home everytime!!! Thank you fantasy Inn for another wonderful anniversary! See you next year!!

• Stayed November 2012
Kathy W, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us here at Fantasy Inn. I always encourage our guests to leave their comments, as that is how I know how we are doing through the eyes of our guests. I am always happy to hear that our guests are repeat guests or even nicer to hear is that they are a repeat guest for several years. Yes, we have began the renovation of the rooms and the entire hotel property and there are so many great things that we will be doing that will offer our guests new options for their stay with us that we have not offered before. Not to mention some great new and fun theme rooms. So again I thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future for many years to come.

Been to Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites? Share your experiences!