“My favorite Tahoe hideaway” 3 of 5 stars

You added Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel to your Saves list
Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3696 Lake Tahoe Boulvard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“My favorite Tahoe hideaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn four years in a row during our annual tahoe anniversary trips. We started our 1st year staying in Antony and Cleopatra 4 years ago and we have since stayed in caesars indulgence and marie antoinette. As far as cleanliness, I am a registered nurse and a clean hotel is very important!! This hotel has always been very clean. We have always gone through dozens of towels and It seems so strange that there is such a towel shortage when we have always gotten fresh towels without hesitation. We have never experienced a lack of hot water which would make for a miserable stay
Since the shower and the jacuzzi are our fav things about the rooms. There has always been plenty. Some of the lighting has not worked on a couple of our visits but with the fireplace and dimmer lights we can't complain. Plus the mirrors are so much fun and never have I seen anyones fingerprints in any of the steam! I will stay nowhere else when I visit tahoe. I look forward to the updates and rennovations that are going to take place. We have always had a great time here. Its close to the casinos and walking distance for a moonlit stroll to the lake. It is a place for fantasy and not prudes. Use your imagination and lighten up. Lovers stay here and everyone else check out the best western.

• Stayed March 2012
, General Manager at Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your review, it is appriciated very much. I make it a point to respond to my guests comments, questions and concerns. I am glad that you enjoyed your last stay with us. We have just begun the renovations here at the hotel and I am sure that you will be very happy on your next visit to see some of the great things we are doing. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your next trip more enjoyable please let us know. Next time you need to book a room please call the hotel and ask for me, Kathy. I would like to speak to you and say thank you for your comments.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Elk Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We went on June 12, 2012 for our 2nd wedding anniversary. When we returned from dinner, we wanted to use the spa. This is where the problems started. We had no hot water. We called the front desk. We were told, they would check the boiler to make sure it was on, since they had been having problems with it (we were not told this when we checked-in). One hour later, we called again, still no hot water. They said the boiler had been off, it was now on. Just give it more time. The water did finally get warmer after about 1.5hr.
Next morning, we wanted to take a shower, again no hot water. We called down again (this was the 3rd time we had to call for hot water). Check out was at 11am, it was 10am when we called. No hot water, just a cold shower.
During check-out, we spoke to the front desk person. She tried to tell me the boiler was on-bull.
They knew about the problem and didn’t say anything. Then they tried to lie about it when questioned. They gave us $20 dollars off the bill. This is bad business not to mention the possible code violations. We will never go back.

Nat&Kim

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

stayed her with my girlfriend dec 2011 new years eve, got there at 3pm and upon check in, was told no towels yet in room, we said ok, we were going out and wanted to shower by 5pm. at 5 still no towels, we called again, was told in dryer, 6pm no towels called again and let front desk clerk we would want a refund if no towels are avail, they finally brought some down and had only two and one hand towel that looked like car wash towels. un-acceptable. jaquzzi was nice room was clean but bad staff and manager could care less about our situation. nancy good luck to change this review around for future.

Room Tip: check for towels first
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Despite all the bad reviews, my boyfriend and I chose to stay anyway. The room was better than we expected. Very clean, we even brought bleach to clean the jacuzzi but there was no need. The only complaint would be that the remote did not work. But who really watches tv ?

No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but we knew that before going. We wanted something different and that is what we got. The maids were more than happy to show us the other rooms. We even seen them cleaning the mirrors on the ceilings.

Over all, we were quite happy with our stay, and will be going back.

Room Tip: I always call the hotel directly to ask any questions I may have.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathy W, General Manager at Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Well first I would like to thank you for choosing to saty with us here at Fantasy Inn. We are now under new ownership and there are many changes happening now and in the very near future. We will be remodeling all of our rooms as well as changing some of the themes.This proccess is just now beegning. We look forward to having you return to stay with us again and I would love to hear what you think of the new rooms when they are done. Thank you again for being a valued guest.
San Jose CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

On top of being just a very run down place, they charged us extra on the credit card for no reason . So far I have not been able to get a hold of anyone there so I disputed with the credit card company. What a complete waste of time.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place. There are many better options.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your stay with us was not what you expected and I personally apoligize for any problems or inconviences that you had. We are now under new ownership and are remodeling and updating our entire property. I understand what you say about need for updating and that is what we are doing. We will be remodeling our entire hotel, in fact that has began just this week. As for the extra charge to your credit card, this is th first I have learned of it. I would appriciaate it if you would call the hotel and ask for Kathy, I am the general manager and I will personally look into the issue and hopefully we can resolve the problem right away. Please call me and I will be happy to speak with you and see what I can do to make it right. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your comments and I will address any and all issues and hopefully you will be willing to come staay with us again in the future once our remdel is complete.
Mill Creek, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We toured the Inn to see if we would be interested in staying here. What we saw was pretty gross. The rooms did not look clean and the tubs inside did not look clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. I must say that I am surprised to hear that you toured the hotel and feel that the rooms nor the spas were clean. Our housekeepers are very thorough and each room is inspected daily by my housekeeping supervisor to ensure nothing was missed. I personally check several rooms on a daily basis as well to make sure they are as they should be. I would be interested to know, when you toured the hotel and felf it was not clean why that you decided to stay with us. I would also like to know if you informed any of the staff of any issues that you had. I would be happy to talk to you and I ask that you please give me a calll and I will be glad to see what can be done to make you happy. You can call the hotel and ask for me, Kathy as I am the general manager and I will do what I can to resolve this and any issues you have. Thank you for your response and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Fernley, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The wife and I decided to stay here for our anniversary, we stayed in the rain forest super sweet. As we were checking in, the man at the desk (I believe he was the manager) asked if we were going to be using the pay per view, I told him no, he said that good we have been having trouble with the pay perview in that room. Then he told me that they were having trouble with the hot water knor bor the hot tub shutting off, but he thought it was fixed now, when we got to the room, the hot water in the hot tun was running a bit......I went to turn it off, and discovered that the screw was loose, so I used my leatherman and tightened it up, no more trouble there. The toilet would not fush well, and would keep runnin until you went in and jiggled the handle. the smoke alarm was dangling from the ceiling, when the people in the room next door turned on thier water (assuming to fill the hot tub) it was so lound, i could no longer hear the fm radio station that i was listening to (am/fm reciever in the room. There are dual shower heads in the open shower area, they call them his and hers, but when you use them you discover that you need to use both at once to get half of the water pressure that you would get in your shower at home, The manager was a very friendly individual, in fact shortly after we checked out, he called me to let us know that my wife had left her drivers license in the sleeve with the room keys that I had check back in to the front desk. He also told me that the owners were getting ready to put a half a million in upgrades into the proerty, I hope that they make necessary improvments, I would love to stay there after the renovation, to see how it turned out, because the idea is great, the themes of the rooms could be captivating! the ireplace worked well, kept the whole room warm.....but dont run the fireplace and the hot tub at the same time...THE ROOM GETS SUPER HOT!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fantasy Inn & Wedding Chapel? Share your experiences!