“Very cute sorry didn't bring my dog.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast
You added Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
515 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Fresno, California
“Very cute sorry didn't bring my dog.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed three nights late October. The place was decorated for Halloween. Even the dog had a collar for the season. Clean and comfortable with a very hospitable staff. My only complaint would be the bed was a little saggy. Lots of dogs on property I hesitated and didn't bring mine and was sorry. He would have had a great time. Lots of choices at breakfast it was self service. S'mores and wine and cheese in the evening. Completely charming and relaxing. Definitely would come back if I am in the area.
It has no pool the rating hit by mistake and wouldn't let me uncheck it.

Room Tip: It is close to highway. Noise mught be concern in summer. No problem in winter. We were in cabin two...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort Bragg, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We recently enjoyed another stay at The Fireside Lodge, in the "Field & Stream Room"
This is THE most pet friendly lodging I've ever stayed at, so this may be the right place for you and your pooch....However, we do not have a dog at present, and enjoyed it also.....It is such a comfortable, relaxing place....Be prepared, the standard rooms are quite small...(Quite the bargin by Lake Tahoe standards at $119.00 mid-week/off season rate) Ask managers to clear out some of the extra "stuff" lying around the room to make more space for your things...Out with the giant stuffed fish (in our room) and nic-nacks on the tall corner shelf...Yes, I think it's all whimsical and cute, but there just really isn't the room for it....

Loved the owners and staff and meeting other travelers...Breakfast is swell, loved the mixed Berry Compote...I do wish the carpets were cleaner though...I would stay again in the Fall season, as we did, as its so uncrowded and quite.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are on the small side. Fully stocked kitchenette is very handy. " Important ti...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

By far, the most positive dog traveling hotel stay experience I have ever had. The hotel owners are dog owners themselves, so they understand the need for dog owners to have plenty of space for dogs to do their thing in a safe space. the parking lot is roped off so people don't come speeding through, making it safe for dogs and people alike. They provide dog treat, poop bags, and understand that sometimes owners want to snuggle in bed with their fur children (don't judge, you know you do it too). They provide special blankets so that the dogs don't get the beds gross, which is also nice. Free bikes, free kayaks, 2 miles away from the dog beach (which is easily accessible from the bike path that runs behind the hotel.) You can use thier full kitchen to cut down on costs, as well as their grill. The owners like to hang out with thier guests too as people roast their smores and enjoy their wine and cheese. Essentially, it was like going to the home of a close friend--the kind where you feel comfortable walking around in your pj's and opening up their fridge without asking. Highly recommended and I WILL be back.

Room Tip: the room with the king and queen bed is quiet.
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

In reviewing our recent stay with Dave and Christine, I just have to say that everything I could say has already been said. So instead, I thought I'd review all those reviews just by saying that all those stellar reviews are well earned!
This was our first "Pet Friendly" trip and they made us feel like one of the family, without having to do dishes. Yes, it was occasionally noisy from its location to Hwy 89, but it was also such beautifully warm weather we wanted the windows open. We had the Mariner room. Very spacious for us (5 + dog). The location allowed us a fantastic place to launch each day. Our new go to place in Tahoe!
You can trust those reviews!

Room Tip: We had the Mariner room which was the furthest room away from the office. It was a L shaped old Mote...
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Dave and Christine we love you guys. They are so warm and friendly. We happened upon this B&B about 3 yrs ago and keep coming back. The dogs that stay all play and enjoy the outdoors. The only pet friendy place I know that is truely pet friendly. They are also very family oriented as well. Owners take pride in their themed rooms, a must see. They are also very kid friendly. Dave in the winter time makes a snow sledding hill for the kids!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
BOULDER CREEK, CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have joined the long list of happy lodgers that have stayed here. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and kind. I was there with my two Labradors, Max and Elsa that got along great with Kona the Lodge Yellow Lab. They provided doggie blankets, plastic bags for clean up, dog towels and biscuits. I have not experienced this level of dog friendliness ever before. My room was so adorable with close attention to every details making "The Big Blue" room a tribute to and celebration of Lake Tahoe. The breakfast was excellent, something for everyone and I took a hiatus from my diet to indulge in homemade waffles and fresh berries. I used one of the free loaner bikes to ride the bike path, just steps from my door to cruise along to Pope Beach, Camp Richardson, etc.. while my dogs crashed from too much fun at Kiva Beach (dog friendly beach two miles from the Lodge).
I will be a regular now and will search for the time and money to be able to go back again.
It is worth every dollar and more....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is an amazing bed and breakfast! This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and each time it gets better and better. We love the personal touch that is priceless. The rooms are perfectly decorated and the food never stops...Our favorite part is the mascot dog Kona. She is so freindly and makes us feel very welcomed by remembering us each time we visit. David and Christine the owners are always on site and giving us tips on what to do in Tahoe which makes everything we do even better..We love the fire pit at night and the jacuzzi. The kids always play in the game room. This hotel has something for all ages and located in the middle of anything you would want to do. We will be back!! Thank you for all of our presious family memories...Love, The Joseph Family

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!