We stayed here over the labor day weekend. From the start to the end the experience was outstanding.
We were driving early from the bay area, so we called and asked if we could do an early check in. The person on the line said he'd call if a room becomes available. We didn't expect much, but one hour away from Tahoe he called and said the room is available! I truly didn't expect that he'd note this down and actually follow up on this.
When we reached, we asked how we should plan our trip and Kathy was super useful and gave us a good itinerary on what to do (hikes, lakes to visit, timing etc).
The room itself was comfortable and well appointed. As others have noted, there are nice small touches like a personal welcome note, chocolates and other goodies left each night. There is no AC but there is a nice quiet portable fan which does the job. The bathroom is large and clean, and the fixtures look quite new and updated.
The hotels location is great. Its a block away from the Heavenly resort, and the Marriot hotel, which has tons of restaurants and bars. Its also a few blocks away from a private beach. As an FYI, the hotel can give you a free pass for the beach.
Kathy was also very helpful in giving us food recommendations. She provided great alternatives, and also called and made reservations for us. They have coffee and pastries for breakfast, along with great conversation. The owners also have amazingly cute dogs, who we could not get enough of. Every morning during breakfast, we'd go get coffee and some pastries and then cuddle with the dogs, with all of us sitting down on the floor of the reception.
Overall, I couldn't find a fault with this place. The hotel and location is great, but the service is even better.
- Also Known As:
- Paradice Hotel
- Paradice Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Paradice Motel Lake Tahoe
- Paradice Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership and recently remodeled and revamped, Paradice Motel is now Lake Tahoe's premier boutique motel. We are centrally located in the heart of all the action in South Lake Tahoe. Just a block from the base of the Heavenly Gondola, two blocks from one of Lake Tahoe's finest private beaches and three blocks from Stateline and the casinos, the Paradice Motel is truly paradise found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Paradice Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.