“Perfect Honeymoon Hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
London, England
“Perfect Honeymoon Hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I visited South Lake Tahoe as part of a honeymoon roadtrip through California. Having read many good reviews of Paradice Motel it seemed to meet our short-stay needs perfectly. We couldn't have chosen better! Kathy and Uwe were the most welcoming couple, owners and hosts. We knew nothing about the area and they gave us great advice on where to eat, drink, hike and relax. Uwe even gave us a lift down to the local golf club bar to have a drink and watch the sunset one evening. Having planned to stay for two nights, we decided to stay for three as we felt so comfortable, looked after and relaxed.

Our room was large and spacious, with a big bed and tastefully furnished. Kathy provides lots of nice personal touches to make the stay more memorable including a turndown service. We slept well and comfortably and enjoyed chatting to our hosts over a tea and a muffin in reception in the morning. The motel is very conveniently located in the centre of SLT, near Heavenly Village, bars, restaurants and the Lake.

If we ever return the Lake Tahoe we would be delighted stay again. Say hi to Kathy & Uwe for us!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Cheers to the both of you!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special time. I am glad Tahoe was one of your stops and you had an amazing time here. Congratulations! Kathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Paradice is by far the BEST hotel I've ever been to. And you know that's true when you yourself want to write an awesome review about this place while your manager is standing on your head for task completion. Well, we traveled to Tahoe with absolutely no planning whatsoever and had no clue what we were gonna do. Fortunately we decided to rent a room in Paradice and Kathy helped us all the way from food and drinks to skiing and adventure sports. When we reached there and told Kathy we have absolutely nothing planned she was more than happy to give us some really useful and wonderful tips around the place. If you happen to stay there and love Mexican food, definitely ask her about the really wonderful Mexican place nearby.

The service here is exceptionally well and the care that Kathy and Uwe take of you makes you feel at home. I loved how we were always fed as we'd enter the room; chocolates or fruits or energy bars and what not. The rooms are spacious and wonderful and the motel is located at just the right place.. not too far from the lake and near to the casinos and heavenly at the same time. We were really realllllly lucky to bump into this motel and stay there instead of some other piece of pretentious crap.

Room Tip: Well we stayed in Room 34 and was perfect!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
OMG!! To my two crazy new friends. I don't know what we would have done differently for you if this was planned because you did it all. Talk about "going for it". I love it. Kathy
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hands down, this was some of the BEST service I have ever had... and that includes the fancy 4 and 5-star hotels Ive been to. Big chains could learn a thing or two from Kathy and Uwe. They really know how to take care of their customers and make them feel at home and make them feel special.

My fiance and I stayed at Paradice for our anniversary weekend. In truth, I turned my nose up at first. I travel a lot for work and always stay in super nice, plush hotels so I was a bit reluctant to stay at a motel in s. lake. My man did a ton of research and assured me that this wasn't just any motel. He was right. Within minutes of being there, my whole mindset changed.

There was a personalized welcome sign for us in our room, along with candies and fruit. Kathy had researched the best place to have a sunset dinner and booked us a dinner reservation. Uwe DROVE us there in his own car! We had perrier and chocolates waiting for us at our room, which had been turned down for the evening, when we returned. I was in shock. Talk about being pampered! It was wonderful!

The rooms are big and sparkling clean, the sheets are super soft, the beds are comfy and the atmosphere is so welcoming. Kathy and Uwe might be the nicest people in the world, I felt lucky to have had a booking there. Well be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I love when everything works out perfectly and our guest has an exceptional experience. Cheers to your anniversary and happy trails! Kathy
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First time to South Lake Tahoe and decided to stay at Paradice Motel based on the great reviews and ratings on tripadvisor. Our stay exceeded all expectations primarily because of the above and beyond service provided by the wonderful family that owns the lodge. My friends and I were treated like family as soon as we stepped in the front office, even though it was our first time in Lake Tahoe and flew thousands of miles from Houston, TX.

The owners immediately informed us of all the local activities in the area. All of their suggestions were great and we enjoyed all of them. They cleaned and organized our rooms every morning, and even provided us with local newspapers describing activities going on in the area. They gave me an ice pack to heal my battle scars from the slopes. They gave us goodie bags with granola bars and water before our very early departures our last morning. They made reservations at restaurants that don't normally take reservations, and then gave us a 10% coupon for the restaurant which saved us $30. These are only a few examples of the wonderful service we received at Paradice.

The rooms are very warm and cozy. Amenities are new and clean. Beds are very comfortable. TV and ipod dock work great. Anything we needed, we asked for and promptly received (iron, towels, etc.) Also, plenty of power outlets which was nice.

The motel itself is in a great location. We were dropped off by a shuttle at Harvey's Casino and it was a five minute walk to Paradice. Also a five minute walk to The Gondola and the village of shops that surrounds it. Bars and casinos are just a five minute walk away. Everything we wanted was a five minute walk away.

Overall, I highly recommend staying at Paradice Motel. We fell in love with the owners and will never forget the unmatched hospitality they showed us during our stay. They definitely set a wonderful tone for the trip as the rest of the local Tahoe people were very friendly and fun. Definitely going back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
What a great ski vacation and you didn't even rent a car. Nice that the airport shuttle worked out perfectly. You guys are like my 3 sons from Texas! Great having you stay with us and maybe we'll see you for the next ski adventure. Kathy
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were so well taken care of while at the Paradice. We were given great local tips on where to explore/eat. My traveling companion came down with a cold while we were there. Paradice loaded us up with Emergency C and Cold Ease... they were wonderful! The location is perfect for walking to everything too!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs.. which was quiet.. but our room was a little dark, even with a large window.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Paradice was so wonderful that we had to go out of our way while traveling back to our home in Utah from the bay area to stay at it again since on the way to San Francisco we stayed there and fell in love with it and the owners. Kathy & Uwe are the most pleasant motel owners that I have ever come across in all my years of travelling. The hotel is perfectly located close to the beach and town so once there you can park your car and leave the rest of your travels to walking. The rooms were clean and neat and we loved the chocolates placed on our turned down pillows at night. Both Kathy and Uwe went above and beyond making our stay the best that we have had by giving us great tips on places to go and eat and helping us out in many other ways and we love them for that. I recommend this motel to everyone going to South Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay. Past SLT stays in rooms of the same price have been miserable - tissue towels, leaky ceilings, paper thin walls etc. This place was nothing like that. Our room was spacious, toasty warm, comfortable, quiet and it came with lots of fun freebies. It also has a fantastic location - right across from the Gondola. It's a short walk to shops, restaurants and skiing. Best of all are the owners - super friendly. They helped us with tips on where to go and what to do. They do a wonderful job of making their guests feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Paradice Motel? Share your experiences!