“We'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hands down, this was some of the BEST service I have ever had... and that includes the fancy 4 and 5-star hotels Ive been to. Big chains could learn a thing or two from Kathy and Uwe. They really know how to take care of their customers and make them feel at home and make them feel special.

My fiance and I stayed at Paradice for our anniversary weekend. In truth, I turned my nose up at first. I travel a lot for work and always stay in super nice, plush hotels so I was a bit reluctant to stay at a motel in s. lake. My man did a ton of research and assured me that this wasn't just any motel. He was right. Within minutes of being there, my whole mindset changed.

There was a personalized welcome sign for us in our room, along with candies and fruit. Kathy had researched the best place to have a sunset dinner and booked us a dinner reservation. Uwe DROVE us there in his own car! We had perrier and chocolates waiting for us at our room, which had been turned down for the evening, when we returned. I was in shock. Talk about being pampered! It was wonderful!

The rooms are big and sparkling clean, the sheets are super soft, the beds are comfy and the atmosphere is so welcoming. Kathy and Uwe might be the nicest people in the world, I felt lucky to have had a booking there. Well be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I love when everything works out perfectly and our guest has an exceptional experience. Cheers to your anniversary and happy trails! Kathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First time to South Lake Tahoe and decided to stay at Paradice Motel based on the great reviews and ratings on tripadvisor. Our stay exceeded all expectations primarily because of the above and beyond service provided by the wonderful family that owns the lodge. My friends and I were treated like family as soon as we stepped in the front office, even though it was our first time in Lake Tahoe and flew thousands of miles from Houston, TX.

The owners immediately informed us of all the local activities in the area. All of their suggestions were great and we enjoyed all of them. They cleaned and organized our rooms every morning, and even provided us with local newspapers describing activities going on in the area. They gave me an ice pack to heal my battle scars from the slopes. They gave us goodie bags with granola bars and water before our very early departures our last morning. They made reservations at restaurants that don't normally take reservations, and then gave us a 10% coupon for the restaurant which saved us $30. These are only a few examples of the wonderful service we received at Paradice.

The rooms are very warm and cozy. Amenities are new and clean. Beds are very comfortable. TV and ipod dock work great. Anything we needed, we asked for and promptly received (iron, towels, etc.) Also, plenty of power outlets which was nice.

The motel itself is in a great location. We were dropped off by a shuttle at Harvey's Casino and it was a five minute walk to Paradice. Also a five minute walk to The Gondola and the village of shops that surrounds it. Bars and casinos are just a five minute walk away. Everything we wanted was a five minute walk away.

Overall, I highly recommend staying at Paradice Motel. We fell in love with the owners and will never forget the unmatched hospitality they showed us during our stay. They definitely set a wonderful tone for the trip as the rest of the local Tahoe people were very friendly and fun. Definitely going back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
What a great ski vacation and you didn't even rent a car. Nice that the airport shuttle worked out perfectly. You guys are like my 3 sons from Texas! Great having you stay with us and maybe we'll see you for the next ski adventure. Kathy
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were so well taken care of while at the Paradice. We were given great local tips on where to explore/eat. My traveling companion came down with a cold while we were there. Paradice loaded us up with Emergency C and Cold Ease... they were wonderful! The location is perfect for walking to everything too!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs.. which was quiet.. but our room was a little dark, even with a large window.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Paradice was so wonderful that we had to go out of our way while traveling back to our home in Utah from the bay area to stay at it again since on the way to San Francisco we stayed there and fell in love with it and the owners. Kathy & Uwe are the most pleasant motel owners that I have ever come across in all my years of travelling. The hotel is perfectly located close to the beach and town so once there you can park your car and leave the rest of your travels to walking. The rooms were clean and neat and we loved the chocolates placed on our turned down pillows at night. Both Kathy and Uwe went above and beyond making our stay the best that we have had by giving us great tips on places to go and eat and helping us out in many other ways and we love them for that. I recommend this motel to everyone going to South Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay. Past SLT stays in rooms of the same price have been miserable - tissue towels, leaky ceilings, paper thin walls etc. This place was nothing like that. Our room was spacious, toasty warm, comfortable, quiet and it came with lots of fun freebies. It also has a fantastic location - right across from the Gondola. It's a short walk to shops, restaurants and skiing. Best of all are the owners - super friendly. They helped us with tips on where to go and what to do. They do a wonderful job of making their guests feel right at home.

• Stayed February 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Over the last few years, my husband and I travel to Tahoe 2-3x/year. Without any hesitation, we always choose to stay at Paradice for several reasons: the wonderfully welcoming owners, the convenient location, and the clean, cozy, comfortable rooms. No matter the season of your visit, Kathy, Uwe and Ty will always have recommendations on activities, food, and everything else to maximize your stay. We always feel like we're just another member of the family visiting. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I don't think we've stayed in a single "bad" room yet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Cheers to you guys!! So nice to see you again its like having our kids come home for a visit! Thank you for the info for Ty. Till the next time all our Aloha, Kathy
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Decided to head up to South Lake at the last minute and needed a room. I found the paradice on a discount hotel website. I noticed the check-in policy was 1-10pm only so I called before I booked to make sure I could have a late check-in. Not only did the nice man on the phone book my reservation for me, he gave me the discounted rate I had found online AND offered to leave my room unlocked with the key on the table, the light on and the heat running. Really? Do people still use the honor system?
Driving up I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have a room waiting for me as promised but... sure enough, it was ready, warm and welcoming as promised. The next morning we went into the office to actually check in. The nicest people in the world are running this place. They were so happy to hear we made it in safe and slept well... they told us all about the new pizza place across the street and wanted to know what we were up to for the day.... so nice. We stayed two nights, slept like a baby, made new friends and now have a new place to stay when we decide to drive up on a moments notice. This place is clean, updated, ran by good people and very much a deal compared to the other overpriced roach motels that call themselves new or updated.

Room Tip: Room 24 is in the corner and very quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thurman34, Owner at Paradice Motel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words we try to make our guest experience here at the Paradice Motel and in South Lake as pleasant as possible. We look forward to the next get away weekend and will always have a room waiting for you! Kathy

Been to Paradice Motel? Share your experiences!