“They surprised me everyday” 5 of 5 stars

Paradice Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   953 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Goiania, GO
“They surprised me everyday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

The service is fantastic, the location is excelent and rooms are very good. The owners run the hotel and they really try to make you feel comfortable. Very good experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Paradice for 8 days. Location was great. Quiet street , short walk to the Gondola (about 6mins walk). From the outside this boutique hotel does not look much but the room I had (35 ?) was beautiful. Well decorated and the bed was better than my own bed in Australia. Jason and Perrine could not have done enough for me. After some guest advised Jason to change the WI-FI settings I could not get back on the internet. Jason was very patient and changed the setting back to normal. Jason and Perrine make a great team and run this small hotel better than some of the big chains.
Personal touches make the difference. A different treat on the bed every day I came back from skiing. The only down side was my shower dripped a bit. But they were having it looked at. All in all I can highly recommend this little hotel.
Mr "P's" bar up the road is a great place to meet locals and tourists. The cinema is only 5 mins walk away. Wishing Jason and Perrine congratulations on the wedding day. only a few weeks to go.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

stayed for a few days after superbowl for some a ski trip. Owners are awesome as we book this at the airport when we found out that the timeshare we were staying at changed our departure date to a thursday from Sunday.

I was quoted a price which was high and after I accepted, I was told that he made a mistake and was quoting the Presidents day rate (which we were not staying), so he gave us a lower rate. VERY HONEST!

The owners are awesome and really make this place happen. The room was comforatable with the only exception of the shower nozel height which could be higher. Other than that would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I only stayed a single night, but wished I could've stayed longer. I had planned on checking in at regular time after 2pm, but since the ski resort (Sierra at Tahoe) parking lot was full we decided try and check in early. I originally reserved a semi-suite, but was offered the full suite at the same price. The owner checked on the full suite to confirm it was ready, placed a fruit plate in the room, and turned on the heat in the room before I was given the key. Rooms were clean. I wished the showerhead was higher. Door took some effort to close, but I think that's because the tight seal to keep out the cold. Beds were firm and comfortable. Room heater and mini-fridge weren't too loud. No flat panel TV, but a good number of channels were included.

The location is good, easy walking distance to the Heavenly gondola and some chain retailers such as Carrows, Raleys, Starbucks, and Patagonia.

Service was great, friendly and helpful. I was traveling with my spouse and 3 children so I needed and received suggestions for kid-friendly lunch and dinner along with simple driving directions. The coffee and pastry in the mornings is also a nice touch.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I stayed at Paradice motel just for one night, but truly wished for a longer stay. Location, service, cleanileness, and hosts (Jason and Perrine) were all excellent. would recommend this motel to everyone as it certainly offers great value for money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
hollywood, caifornia usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We spent 7 days in Pebble beach, 4 days in Napa, with the high point of our trip at the Paradice Motel in So. Lake Tahoe. The location, cleanliness and comfort of this motel was excellent. The hosts, Jason and Perrine, went out of their way to insure that everything was perfect during our stay. The warmth of our room, with all the pleasant furnishings, fruits, candies and complimentary Perrier water, was very much appreciated. My wife and I are looking forward during our next visit to the Paradice Motel during ski season.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Paradice Motel is only a modest place but the service by the young couple who run it is second to none. The rooms are immaculate, there was complementery coffee and croissants / cinnamon bread on offer at breakfast time and the little personal touches were amazing. These included: a welcome message on the board in our room when we arrived, little chocolates on the bed at night and - most appreciated of all - when we arrived back at night our beer had already been put on ice for us!! The room was immaculate and large. As I say, it is a straightforward motel but it was probably the nicest stop we had in California, due to the care taken to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradice Motel? Share your experiences!