“Great spa experience” 5 of 5 stars

+1 530-545-3501
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Thank you to all of our clients for their lovely comments. We are closing the business and will no longer be accepting new clients. Please visit Biospirit Day Spa or Elements Day Spa for you massage needs in South Lake Tahoe.
4 attraction reviews
“Great spa experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife wanted a massage while we were on vacation in the lake tahoe area. After she looked online, she found a spa package that was very reasonable and booked it. When I picked her up after her hour and a half massage, she said it was a wonderful experience, and was treated very well by marla, the owner/massage therapist. If we're ever back in the area, she'll go again most definitely!

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“The BEST message ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My sister and I just had the best message ever at A Body ReNew Massage Spa in S Lake Tahoe! If you are looking for the expensive decor and all the expensive products sitting around that will be pushed on you to buy then this place is not for you! The decor is plain but the service is excellent!!! Lori and Andrea? (not sure of her name) were very knowledgeable and informative and never pushed to buy products. In fact not even one product. We were sorry that our time was up and we both were there for 2 hours!! I highly recommend you try this place out.
Rhonda from MN
Robin from CA

Visited June 2012
, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you! We'll look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.
Stockton, California
“Just what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

On a whim my husband and I made a trip to Tahoe and thought we'd splurge on a massage. While we weren't able to have our massage side by side (doesn't look like they have room for that option), we both had one in separate rooms at the same time. Both of us came out thoroughly relaxed, though my husband said his massage therapist was a little slower than he liked. Mine was just right. The office itself is simple, almost reminds me of a doctors office upon entering but the rooms we were in were quiet, dark and relaxing, with perfect ambience sounds playing to complete the experience. It was less expensive than the other places we called and they could fit us in last minute unlike most other places. A few places we called spoke to us like we were crazy to even ask such a thing last minute. Not this place, though getting someone on the phone took some patience. At first it was a general message asking you to hold and someone will be with you shortly, and the woman I initially spoke with seemed a little overwhelmed with calls. But in the end after a nice massage those little things don't matter much anyway.

ABodyReNEWMassageSpa, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your generous praise. I will be speaking to our receptionists to see how we can improve things on that end.
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great massage, excellent price, knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was impressed with my first visit to this company. My masseuse was very good at explaining what was going on with my body. So far, this is the best massage and the best price I have found here in South Lake Tahoe.

Visited May 2012
ABodyReNEWMassageSpa, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Steve, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm just thrilled that we were able to help you feel better. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.
“Not my favorite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

We scheduled a swedish massage but got less than that. We were told it was a full body massage, but they didn't include our feet. We were asked about tension areas but it didn't do any good.
That being said, the establishment was clean, staff was friendly and prices were average. Its just too bad the service was not on point. We ended up leaving after our service feeling the ned to go to another spa so we could get a massage.

ABodyReNEWMassageSpa, Owner at A Body ReNEW Massage Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
I’m very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your experience. Because we customize every massage, rather than offer a generic, cookie cutter experience, it’s our policy to create each treatment based on the information that a client gives us. Before the client even gets onto the massage table, we review that plan with our client to ensure they are getting the massage they want. A specific area of the body should never be focused upon or skipped without discussing it with our client. The body areas that we work on is constrained by the treatment length and the purpose of the massage (eg: overall relaxation vs release of contracted muscles vs lymphatic drainage), which may be why you didn’t receive a full body massage. I’m sorry there was a misunderstanding regarding what your therapist understood you wanted your massage to be and what you thought you were going to receive. Your feedback is appreciated and we will use this to assess our client-therapist communication process so that we can prevent future misunderstandings.
Marla Gayle