“Completely acceptable crashpad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“Completely acceptable crashpad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Superb location. Really nice owners. Clean and sanitary. Older property. This was a last minute reservation for me made on the same day after some plans fell through. The property is a cute old place just a couple blocks from the main drag and a short walk to the lake. Insofar as you don't go do Tahoe to stay indoors, this is your spot.
You won't be raving about the place you stayed, but you might feel better having your money go to a nice family who (I think) owns the place rather than some faceless corporation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Close to the lake, two to three minutes walk to the lake. We walked to the lakeside to see the sunset just after checking. The room is cozy and clean. The facility in the room works great.Recommend for buget travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We got there on Christmas Eve at about 2:30pm. We looked up what hotels were closest to the casinos and stores so that everything was walking distance. We picked Cedar Inn also because they had the best price for the type of room we were looking for.

We stayed in the Mini Suite in room #14. The room came with a kitchen, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, a queen bed, and a mini sofa that turned into a bed (can technically only fit one person). We chose the room because my mom made food and brought it with us because she didn't think there would be any restaurants open since the weekend we stayed there was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and we wanted the kitchen so we could heat everything up.

We were greeted by an asian lady that was very courteous and kind. I asked about the mini suite and she asked how many people were staying. She said the mini suite wasn't fit for 4 people because the sofa bed was only for one person and the queen for 2 people so she asked if we wanted to see the room first. We saw it and booked it since we were only staying one night, the 3 of us girls would sleep on the bed and my dad on the sofa bed.

Positive feedback: It's a good place to stay if you're looking for a cheap place to stay that is close to the casinos and stores. We were going to make reservations online but decided to just drop by in case the prices weren't up to date. The price for the mini suite online was $99 for the night we had chosen. After we saw the room she told us the price for the room would be $89 + tax so we took it.

Negative feedback: The shower door was broken. Literally broken because the pieces of glass were taped together. Also, it wouldn't close all the way so water got everywhere. The towels felt like sand paper but I guess you can't expect for towels from a rundown motel to be soft. Wifi is very very slow. I hope you have internet on your phone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I recently stayed at Cedar Inn and had a great experience. I ended up arriving in Tahoe early and because my room was ready, they let me check in early. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Comfortable bed and decent size room. I had a fireplace in my room, but because it was August, I didn't have a chance to use it. I was very satisfied with my stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
san francisco, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We got there on July 2, we had reserved a room with 2 double beds for $119/n; when we got there, the rooms avalable for that price were dark and smelly; then she said she had another (supposedly larger) room with 2 queen beds and a bath for $20 extra per night; when my husband suggested that we stay in the larger room for $119/n, the lady told him 'I can give a refund and u can go elsewhere'; We went ahead and took the larger room and paid the extra $20 a night (we had room #20). Although the key and the TV was fixed promptly, there were lots of loud noises of people talking, walking, flushing, closing and opening doors, and worst of all, a bunch of young single men and women drinking alcohol at the balcony right above our room until 2 a.m. at night, arguing, cussing, and the works. I called the management and no answer. We didn't sleep at all both nights due to noise and fnally right before I called the cops, the arguing and slamming doors stopped since the guy was asked to leave. DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

The best of it is it's location. Only 1 min walk to the casinos and main street and 3 min walk to the private access beach and if you like golf, it's right at the corner of the golf course. This is perfect location if you want to have a descent sleep because it's about couple blocks from the main street so it's quiet at night. The room is clean and pretty standard. The only concern that I have with it is heater because the pilot went off once during our stay. Overall this is a great place to stay if you are looking for a place with clean and budget and most of all, great location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The staff here is just amazing. So friendly and fun. The a/c in the room worked really well. The bed was comfortable and clean. I enjoyed the free beach passes, and the close access to the beach and the casinos. I would stay here again. Great value for the price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Cedar Inn? Share your experiences!