“RUDEST MANAGEMENT EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Millbrae, California
“RUDEST MANAGEMENT EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

These hotel has nice location yes, but the management here are crazy and very very rude! I came to this hotel asked their room rate, and the guy Indian told me that it is $80 for double beds, and when I was about to leave, he bargained to give me $70 and finally we came to $50 all in, good deal if I may say. We were supposed to stay for just a night so that's what we paid for, and when we decided to stay another night, I came to their office and asked to extend our stay, the crazy indian lady in the front desk then told me in a very hysterical manner that the price will be different and that it's gonna be $65 for the next night that we are staying and told me that if we don't like it then we can leave. When I came back to tell her that I booked online instead since it's cheaper online, and I overheard him giving a lower price to another customer so I asked why she can't give us that same price, right then and there she was shouting and telling me she didn't want to argue and she was actually asking me to get out of the office!!! Lunatic!

Room Tip: just don't stay in this hotel very rude management
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Davis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've stayed here 3 different times and have not experienced the negative things described in other reviews. Yes...it is a basic, cheap motel..but it is located close to shopping, restaurants, and not far from the Heavenly gondola, the Lakeside park on Lake Tahoe and the stateline casinos. The rooms are old-style with wooden paneling..nothing fancy..but for me...it is worth what I am paying and, since I am on a tight budget...it fits my needs just fine. For sure..these are not luxury accomodations...but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. The proprietors of the PINEWOOD INN are completely deceitful scammers. They use a "bait & switch" method for luring people with pets in to stay. We were taking a trip up to Tahoe with our two small Boston terriers, and found this place on Priceline.com which said "Pets Allowed" on their website. Only when we actually arrived at the Pinewood Inn did the owners inform us it would be an additional $25 per pet per night!!! This is ridiculous if you consider that the rooms are $35 per night for TWO PEOPLE!!! So they wanted an extra $50 a night for our pets to stay and I said no thank you, I will stay elsewhere. The deceitful owners then informed me that they have a 24-hour cancellation policy, and since it was within 24 hours, they would still charge my credit card for the full price of the room. THIS IS COMPLETE FRAUD.

When I called Priceline up to tell them what had happened, they informed me that there was nothing they could do for me. Are you kidding me???? Priceline is just as guilty of this fraud as is the Pinewood Inn as Priceline allows scammers like this to perpetuate their business online!!!! I am a VERY DISSATISFIED customer, and will not being using Priceline again, as they are not customer-oriented at all, but rather take the side of the merchant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

When I travel Iook at cost, convenience and comfort. If you want a floatinf bar and drinks with umbrellas-this is not for you. If you want a place to hang your hat and res tcomfortably at the end of a busy touring day--this is the place. Convenience is a real plus for this facility as it it located smackdab in the middle of the busy Lake Tahoe Blvd within walking distance to everything from laundromat to casinos and everything inbetween typical of a tourist location. Best of all it is very modest in cost.

Room Tip: All rooms equal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This filthy place is infested with bed bugs! Health inspectors need to close it down ASAP. Unable to sleep from constant itching, we asked to be moved into another room only to experience the same horror in the next room. Late at night and early hours of the morning, tiny blood-filled bed bugs crawled out from the mattress and headboards like a horror movie! There were blood stains on bed linen from previous customers' bites and a rancid smell of mold and moth bitten upholstery. After checking our rashes doctors verified we had encountered a bed bug infestation and we were left suffering with the discomfort and disgust for several weeks after our stay. The customer service was equally as appalling. The married couple and son from India have zero customer service skills and are the rudest people we have encountered in our vast traveling. The wife is extremely neurotic. Upon being presented with a complaint she reacts in an hysterical manner, screaming and shouting aggressively. Please avoid this health hazard and warn others to do so. Worst place ever.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Benicia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

It's an older motel. No pool. No hot tub. Though the rooms are clean, it doesn't give you the feeling of clean due to the poor upkeep. The bed was very comfortable. Air conditioner worked. The room rate was consistent with the room type. At least they know where they stand and do not try to overcharge for what you get. They could not provide the extra cot requested.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sherwood, or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

With the moldy, musty smell in the bathroom, this place literally stinks. Look straight up from the bed I could see daylight through a crack in the ceiling. And the lumps under the carpet? Don't want to think about it.

Worst of all is the dishonesty of the management (this motel is operated by a family from india).

We left a special coffee mug behind on leaving -- tan, brown rim, pretty flower boquet on the side. In the morning, I put it on the end table by the door, my wife remembers seeing it, also remembers not packing it. We called the next day, the manager denied finding anything in the room. I offered to pay for its return, he only suggested I was mistaken. Such a small, cramped room, it would be impossible to miss. Furthermore, he said they did their own cleaning. Obviously they preferred to keep it.

Sad. Even if desperate for a motel, avoid this place.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pinewood Inn? Share your experiences!