“can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly to your Saves list
The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly
1200 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Dream Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

absolutely fab..you can't go wrong here--we ended up with an injured skier on day 1 of our trip--the staff was soooo helpful..ice bags, snacks to room, where to get prescriptions filled, moved us from us from upstaris to downstairs to help our one on crutches...loved the quaint fire and happy hr...great w/ reservations for restaurants...even offered to drive us to the ski hill one day when buses were running late! Rooms so nice..great tub and shower...even comfy pull out ( leather) sofa..no scrimping here. We always say we'd never repeat a vacation cause there is so much to see/do here in the states, but our family agreed that we'd 'do' Deerfield lodge and skiing Tahoe again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oro Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I were there for The Tour of Lake Tahoe and for the great hiking. Our room accommodated all of our gear perfectly. After the weekend the Host upgraded us to a room double the size of the first. It was fabulous to have a sitting room! The bed was so wonderful that it was hard to climb out of every morning. But I knew a perfect blend of healthful breakfast choices and great coffee were waiting. The location was awesome for all our activities and walking to dinners and to the Lake.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was originally going to stay at black forest Inn but since they don’t allow dogs they recommended me this place which is right next door. … and it was a great recommendation … because this place is/was wonderful!!! The rooms were beautiful ( I will post some pictures) Very clean, new and upgraded. My dogs loved the beautiful green grounds of this boutique hotel. My germane shepherd played with other dogs, including the owners Labrador. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Just very well organized … if you are coming with dogs, I just recommend staying on the 1st floor for easy access to the yard.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

This was a diamond in the rough! Had to search hard for this lodge as it is listed under specialty lodging. Price was fair if you compare it to the other specialty lodging. Host was wonderful, we were able to check in early plus an upgrade which made our day! We went bicyclng on the last day and asked if we could store or luggage since we wouldn't make it back by the noon check out time and they said stay as long as you want, we don't have anyone checking in. We had a nice leisurly ride without having to rush back to try and make the checkout time. Lodge was about 1 mile from down going down a long hill...not a problem. TV was small, and internet only seemed to work in the "brunch" room, but we didn't come to Tahoe to watch TV or spend time on the internet so we were completly satisfied with our stay. Room was QUITE!!! Bed was the BEST!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Rancho Mirage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I can't imagine anyone not enjoying their stay at the Deerfield Lodge. It's in a beautiful location, the Asst. Manager - Heather - is stupendous, and they gladly welcomed our Golden Retriever...a must for my wife and I. Our four-legged child travels everywhere with us.
That said, there are problems, albeit relatively minor ones. The only major problem for us was the cost -- nearly $300/night (with tax) for a very nice, well-appointed room. We traveled with our in-laws (and their Golden), so the cost was divided in half, which makes it much more reasonable. But at these prices, there are certain extras I suppose we have come to expect.
First -- We slept on one of the most uncomfortable sofa beds we have ever slept on.
Also, I would expect an upscale hotel/lodge to have a more modern television/entertainment setup. They have an old, bulky, tube-television perched awkwardly high above the fireplace, instead of a modern flat-screen, which I think should have been mounted on the wall, which seemed like the only natural place to put it. And the remote control was accessed through an old, outdated VCR setup (haven't seen a VCR in years!)
They have free wireless, which is great, but for some reason it wasn't powerful enough for us to access in our room. We had to go outside.
They have a nice, but very limited cocktail hour (actually, wine-only), and a very nice buffet breakfast, though there never seemed to be enough fruit, and they seemed reluctant to replenish what little there was when it was depleted.
And a small, much cheaper motel down the street offered complimentary bicycles for their guests -- I would have expected the same at the Deerfield Lodge.
The grounds are beautiful, and very well-maintained. But there are no extra amenities that you usually find in upscale Inns -- no pool, no exercise room, no hot tub.
Still, these are minor quibbles in a very good boutique hotel. I can easily recommend the Deerfield, especially if you travel with your dog, and if price is no object. We would return again in a heartbeat if the rates were a little lower, or there were some specials offered. There were none -- a bit surprising in this economy. I'm afraid we will have to shop for something a bit less expensive.
The service is excellent and attentive, and at the end of your stay you will truly feel like friends with the folks at the Lodge. They say half of their patrons are repeat customers -- some who come time and time again. I believe them. Go, enjoy the Deerfield and the beautiful lake Tahoe area. Just be aware of these minor issues before you go.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ridgeway, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This hotel was everything that the trip advisor postings say. It really was a wonderful hotel. We stayed in a King Suite and I must say that the bed was fabulous – made it very difficult to get up in the morning! The outside of the lodge is somewhat deceiving because it is not very impressive. The inside; however, had been completely re-done and in excellent condition. I really enjoyed having the 2 bathrooms since we had the kids along for this trip.

Breakfast was simply a traditional continental breakfast.

The owners and staff are very friendly and even made dinner reservations for us. They were also very helpful in giving us suggestions as well. We loved this area and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
California, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Right before the holidays, last december, I took the momster to Lake Tahoe. Neither of us had ever been there or really been in snow. Finally we went and it was awesome. We went for my birthday and it was amazing spending my birhday, it snowed a lot that day. Our stay at the Deerfield Lodge was definitely heavenly. T

he room was beautiful, had a fireplace, was roomy, tastefully decorated, and had a back door to the patio and all the snow, so we could see the snow fall outside as we relaxed in bed. The staff was super friendly and helpful giving us suggestions of what to do that didn't include skiing as I'm nursing a leg injury, and where to eat for my birthday. I really want to make it a birthday tradition to go to the snow and stay at the Deerfield Lodge! Thank you for making our first time in the snow a magical experience!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!