“Best hidden jewel in South Lake Tahoe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly
You added The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   1200 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Dream Inn)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
The Woodlands TX
“Best hidden jewel in South Lake Tahoe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

The Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly is by far the best small boutique hotel I have ever stayed in! I researched, and researched, and researched some more to make sure we were staying at the best and Deerfield is the bee's knees for sure! The rooms are divine with such incredibly comfy beds you had to pry me out of them in the mornings. Free breakfast and happy hour every day with awesome food. They even had special request oatmeal. If you wanted fresh banana and coconut oatmeal, it was there the next morning, just for you! Food was wonderful. Definitely enough to fill you up and then some as you headed out to the slopes. The staff is the best I have ever met. Heather, Robin and Eric go out of their ways to treat you like family (or better, if you ask me)! Once, my husband and I were waiting on the free Heavenly shuttle to head to the slopes and Eric saw us standing there and offered us a ride! They will absolutely do what they can to make sure you are happy during your stay, no matter what you are doing. Even Robin offered to go to the grocery store if we provided her a list of things needed. We never even had to take her up on it because everything was at our fingertips. Happy hour was awesome - red and white wine and lots of great cheese (my fav.)! The rooms were beyond clean (if that is possible). Also, they were very nice rooms for a great price! Much better than staying in the ski resorts. Heavenly is only two miles up the road so it was really like we were right in the ski resort as it was so close. The grounds were beautiful and covered with fresh snow during our stay. I can only imagine it's beauty during the summer! Oh, and I don't think I mentioned yet but we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite with 2 fireplaces! Master bath in every room is stock with a JET TUB - great for unwinding after hitting the mountain full steam. I absolutely will ONLY stay at Deerfield in the future. Everyone should stay there! It's the best small boutique hotel in Lake Tahoe! Also, very quiet for those who are light sleepers. :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

The title pretty much sums it up. The rooms are amazing. 2 fire places! Huge plush leather couches! And don't even get me started on the beds... fantastic linens atop down feather beds! Oh yeah and a giant jacuzzi tub. Perfect for wine and a soak! BUT what truly sets Deerfield apart is the staff. Everyone was so friendly, at the ready with fantastic restaurant recommendations, info on lift tickets, etc. Heck, Robin even knew of the best place to get my nails done! I highly recommend the Deerfield to new Tahoe travelers and old veterans alike looking for warm, friendly and intimate lodging.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

The Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly was our home away from home. This boutique hotel has the BEST owners, staff, accommodations and personal services. Our wedding was enhanced because of Robin, Heather, Eric, Josh, Dori and all the staff. Thank you for the wonderful memories.

If you are in South Lake Tahoe, you will want to stay at The Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

My family and I booked the Deerfield Lodge in June for my sister's December 27th wedding atop Heavenly mountain. The lodge was very good about staying in touch with us and offering assistance and information in the months preceding our arrival and during our stay with them.

Heather was very helpful with getting shipment of wedding dress, letting us know when it arrived and putting it in the room and hanging it up before we arrived.

They made us feel very at home and very welcomed. The atmosphere is friendly and accommodating. All the guests mingle in the common area by a cozy fire for an all inclusive happy hour (great wine), or in the elegantly decorated dining area for an all inclusive breakfast where everyone is made to feel like part of the family (awesome homemade oatmeal with fresh apples, cinnimon & brown sugar).

The rooms are quite charming. We stayed in a two room suite with two queen beds. Both rooms have sliding doors that open to a balcony with the most beautiful view of the courtyard area. The living room had a comfortabe sofa bed, TV, fire place, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and an elegant shower wash room. The bedroom also had a TV and full-bath with a jacuzzi tub! The beds were very comfortable. We slept like babies.

They supply hair dryer, iron, ironing board, plenty of towels, washing gels, shampoos, lotions, coffee and condiments. I fogot my lipstick, so Robin was gracious enough to help me out as I got ready for my sister's wedding.

My sister and her new husband received a wonderful honeymoon surprise from the owners (Robin and Eric). After the wedding ceremony, they returned to their room and found a trail of rose petals leading from their door to the bedroom and covering the bed, along with a nice note and box of chocolates.

This was the icing on the cake. This extra touch is exactly what makes Deerfield Lodge unique and mountains above your larger hotels. It's that personal family touch!

We send thanks to all of the staff at Deerfield Lodge for making our stay so memorable.

The Alberts, Crone and Patrick Family

• Liked — The Personal Touch and Family Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Would have preferred bar soup over shower gel.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Jersey,Channel Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

My wife stayed at Deerfield for three months from May 2008 and I flew across the Atlantic from Jersey Channel Islands several times to join her.
We identified Deerfield on Tripadvisor as THE PLACE TO STAY IN TAHOE and it proved an inspired choice.
The accomodation is wonderfully comfortable,the beds divine,lounge area spacious,leather sofa,jaccuzi bath,perfection.
The garden is meticuliously maintained,the area is very peaceful,and the papazan chairs on the patio were so comfortable,we bought some in Tahoe and exported them back home!
There are four very high quality restaurants nearby,the food in all was of a very high standard as was the excellent breakfast at Deerfield.
Robin,Eric and Heather were wonderful hosts,extremely kind and made us feel very much "at home",it was a priveledge to stay there and we will make the journey back across the pond to Deerfield some day.
If you are looking for quality accomodation in Tahoe take our advice and look no further.

Jersey,Channel Islands,UK

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

Better late than never!! After tons of research and many calls, we chose to stay at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly during our visit to Lake Tahoe for our wedding in January of 2008. We did not marry on the grounds of the lodge, but we could not have picked a better place to host out wedding guests and family! From the first call I made to weeks after we left, the staff at Deerfield could not have been more friendly or hospitable. They were more than happy to accommodate our group of 22 and treated us as if we were family! Any time I called with questions or concerns, they went above and beyond to help. They even sent me emails with suggestions of places to have a dinner reception close to the hotel, and salons to have my hair done for the wedding! Our guests were more than impressed with the service and attitudes of the staff during our stay. They called ahead to several restaurants to make reservations for us since we always had such a large party. The breakfast spread was always delicious and had plenty of variety. On the night of our wedding, they decorated our room and left wine and chocolates for us!! It seemed like everyone from our group had an individual story of something the staff had gone out of their way and done for them. After the wedding and a day of fun, our guests left and we stayed for our honeymoon. We had gotten to know the staff so well, that we didn't feel so alone when our families had to leave!! Everyone says they can't wait to go back again to visit. I could go on and on about this place, but, to sum it up, it's the best place I've ever stayed and it will be the only place we ever stay in Lake Tahoe. I couldn't have had a better wedding experience!!!

• Liked — Evertything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Silver Spring MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

When my husband and I started to make plans for our California wedding, we did an internet search for a hotel, and found a gem, the Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly.

From the first conversations, the staff was truly excited about hosting us and our family and friends. They provided a wealth of information on possible venues for the ceremony as well as local restaurants. We ended up taking them up on the recommendation of the Riva Grill and had a wonderful meal, the crown of which was the fantastic wedding cake, baked for us by Robin and delivered to the restaurant by Heather.

As the date got closer and plans became solidified, they continued to show their outstanding support. In fact, when I discovered that our plan to take the Heavenly gondola to the top of the mountain to hold the ceremony would not work as the gondola’s were closed for maintenance, Robin called just about everyone in South Lake Tahoe to see if there was some way of getting us up the mountain. In the end, we ended up holding the ceremony at the Lodge, and I am so glad we did! The setting was perfect for the intimate ceremony that we had planned.

The Lodge itself surpassed our expectations. When we arrived, we were amazed at the décor and appointments in the suits and the comfort of the beds. It seems that the comfort of the customer was of primary concern with each decision that was made. The complimentary breakfast was a great way to start each day, and gave us the opportunity to talk with our family and friends, the staff of the Lodge as well as getting to know the other guests. The outdoor space was not only a great space for the ceremony, but seemed to be added space to the already spacious suites. The fire pit was the first place our family and friends gathered for the first night of conversation, laughs and creation of lots of memories.

Our week in South Lake Tahoe was a dream, expertly orchestrated by and beautifully set on the backdrop of the Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly. I would strongly recommend the Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly to anyone planning to stay in South Lake Tahoe.

• Liked — The rooms and staff.
  • Disliked — Towels could be upgraded.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!