“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly
You added The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly to your Saves list
1200 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Dream Inn)   |
Novato, California
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Absolutely wonderful and welcoming - my daughter and I loved our stay, and wish it could have been longer! Close to everything but just far enough away that we didn't get any boulevard traffic noise. Doug was very, very accommodating - even meeting us at our room with the door open and the fireplace on, warming up the room...fabulous!! He went out of his way to get some information regarding spas and recommended several restaurants in the area. Loved the Keurig coffeemaker and complimentary snacks in the room, too!! We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Second floor was very nice with absolutely no road traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jsromine, Owner at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice words! It always is good to hear that a guest had a great experience and enjoyed the "little" things that can always make a trip wonderful!
We hope to see you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Overall, this hotel was great. Taylor was very nice and accommodating. During breakfast, she was helpful, replacing the cream cheese and filling the orange juice for me. The only issue I had was the fact that I could hear footsteps and other sounds from the people above me. Other than that, it was a great stay!

-Miles

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place so much! We will definately stay here the next time we're in tahoe! This is the best dog friendly place we've ever stayed in. They even have dog cookies in the lobby area! Great location close to the lake and heavenly mountain and it's super clean!!

• Stayed October 2013
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been reluctant to write this review because I wasn't sure how I would rate the resort. I say that because I chose it based on reviews saying it was the most romantic, and after our stay I had to reread the reviews as to why those people said that. It has a great location, it has wonderful staff, it has beautiful grounds, it has a very warm homey feel, it has a fireplace in the living room, it has a lovely spa tub off the bedroom. In short it has all the things that people look for that romantic feel so that only conclusion I came to was for ski season it probably rates the reviews but in summer when I went it is not the most romantic. That said, it is everything else so to not give an excellent rating would be unfair to the establishment but not the most romantic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly is exactly that, heavenly! This place was by far the best design and floorplan of any room on our trip from Arizona to Nevada, Oregon and California! His/her baths with separate living room, kitchenette, 2 fireplaces, 2 private decks, 2 showers and a jacuzzi tub, and the most beautiful, comfortable, lush bed of our whole vacation! Would accomodate a family for extended stay, summer at the lake, or winter skiing or anytime in between. The staff was super helpful, making dinner reservations for us and showing us maps with the sights to see in the area. They have complimentary wine, snacks and a continental breakfast. This place could be anything from a masculine guys retreat to a family vacation to a romantic get away! And very close to great restaurants, casinos and the marina and pier. Two thumbs way up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Outside appearance very deceptive went to check in 1/2 hr early n owner more than accommodating showed me some useful places to visit eating recommendations offered free bottle of wine n then showed me the room or should I say apartment amazing two bathrooms one with shower one with shower n jacuzzi bath which we all took advantage of the sitting area was a separate room with microwave fridge tray of goodies including home baked cake
Extremely comfortable beds with separate duvets for the two in the bed !!

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Visalia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I can't even begin to find words to describe how incredible our wedding weekend was at the Deerfield Lodge. Spence has been absolutely amazing since day one! He was so accommodating and easy to talk to, and he never once made me feel like I was a nuisance! When the owner goes out of his way to respond to my text at 11:00 p.m. or email me from a flight just to answer a question I know that I'm lucky! People like Spence are so rare! This brings me to our stay at the Deerfield Lodge: First of all, my family booked out just about every room in the lodge. Not one person in my family had a single negative thing to say! Ali received us in on Thursday night and was overly accommodating! Kelsey and Doug spent the weekend fussing over us! They treated us like family the entire time! They made my wedding weekend so amazing and I can't wait to return! Thank you so much to Spence and the Deerfield Lodge staff. Kelsey, Doug, and Ali you are truly amazing!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!