“Clean, Classy, Conveniently Located” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly
You added The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly to your Saves list
1200 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Dream Inn)   |
California
“Clean, Classy, Conveniently Located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

In January of 2013 my daughter sustained a serious head injury when snowboarding at Heavenly. By the time I could arrive in South Lake Tahoe and was able to check in, it was nearly midnight. The staff at The Alder Inn (same ownership as Deerfield) was so incredibly supportive and accommodating and my room was sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. I was certain I'd be back - but it wasn't until July of 2013 that I was able to. When I called to make my reservation, I was told about their other property, The Deerfield Lodge. I decided to check this place out, as it sounded delightful. Once again, there wasn't a single disappointment. The suites are incredibly appointed, spacious and so homey I found myself not even wanting to venture out. It was also very quiet, and the views out the windows and on the balcony were quintessential Tahoe. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Room #12 had convenient parking, the quiet of no one above you, and is at the far end of the complex...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my second time to visit Tahoe and my boyfriend's first time. We chose our accommodations based on trip advisor's ratings. We arrived after office hours and it was no problem. We had a nice spacious room and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Deerfield. Spence was great and provided us with excellent recommendations for dining and things to do around the lake. He even contacted a taxi company for us on the night of July 4th so we could avoid traffic. The property is beautiful and well maintained. It is also within walking distance to some great restaurants and the lake. We even had the opportunity to meet the previous owners. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had our wedding at the Deerfield Lodge on June 15, 2013 and it was perfect! The rooms are spacious and very nice. The grounds are beautiful, there are lots of trees and the kids really enjoyed playing outside. Robin was very nice to work with and she helped us with various wedding details. Our family and friends loved this place and I know we will all be returning!

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The proprieters here obviously put a lot of thought and care into the lodge. The lodge itself has a spacious and well landscaped outdoor area that we found to be relaxing and quiet. We reserved a 2 queen suite that provided ample room for 2 adults and 2 children. The room was clean, stylish, and well planned. Some of the wood furniture was a bit scratched, but it didn't detract from the room. I could imagine these rooms being used for both formal occaisions and adventure travel. The complementary breaksfast basket was a nice touch. Overall we were very comfortable and Robin went out of here way to help us. Also, it's a nice easy walk from the lodge to the shore where there is a nice coffee place, boat rentals, and fantastic beach area. Hope we can stay longer next time. Thanks Deerfield!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had selected several nice places to stay at South Lake Tahoe to celebrate our anniversary, but I let my wife decide. She wanted a little nicer place and chose the Deerfield Lodge. I would rate this lodge "Good", but TripAdvisor does not have such a rating, skipping directly from "Satisfactory" to "Very Good". Therefore, I was forced to rate it "Very Good".

The owner's official name for their place is The Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly, Tahoe's Premier Boutique Hotel. I would consider this to be more of a motel than a hotel, given that you park your car directly in front of your room. But I'm comfortable with calling it a lodge.

The place was difficult to find because the Lodge sign is relatively hidden and hard to see from the street. Check in was easy and friendly Coffee, pastries, nuts and other goodies are always available in the breakfast room. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby and breakfast room, but we could not get it in our room. The grounds of the Lodge are beautiful.

Our room (#1) was so large that the king size bed did not dominate it. It was a very nice room, containing all the amenities you expect, with dark furniture. The bed was adequate and was lumpy, had sheets that were worn, and the top sheet had little holes. Very nice bathroom and shower, but the shower door would not close, and the water pressure was low, perhaps a conservation measure.

A breakfast basket is provided in the room with cake, breakfast bars, candy bars and fruit (two oranges and one apple). Coffee and a coffee maker are available. Being vegans who eat healthier food, we brought our own breakfast. We did appreciate the fruit.

A little black binder is provided in the room, which gives useful information about the Lodge, South lake Tahoe, and the Lake itself. For example, "Lake Tahoe is the highest lake of its size in the United states and the largest alpine lake in North America."

I recommend Deerfield Lodge, although it did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were in complete awww from the moment we walked in. Robin was so sweet and knowledgeable. The rooms were decorated with great Class. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous. Our weekend was by far one of the most memorable weekends for both myself and my kids. The Lodge had a very romantic ambiance. It was also very kid friendly. Robin was extremely helpful with all over our needs. This made for an magnificent wedding for my best friends. The Deerfield Lodge is AMAZING I would recommend everyone to stay at this Lodge. I can't wait to come back!!

Winters, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

What an amazing place. I stayed here because my best friend had her wedding here and what a great time. The rooms are extremely nice. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up. Robin is absolutely amazing and very easy going. Everyone wanted to stay longer and not come home quite yet. We will most definitely be staying here again and next time will bring our dog since it's very pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!