“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Tastefully decorated enormous rooms, free welcome basket of treats, super friendly hosts/owners, lovely landscaping and surroundings, dog friendly, jacuzzi bathtubs... must I go on? This place is great and I highly recommend it! Can't wait to come back again next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Indio, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hospitality and ambiance are absolute "top notch". This was our first stay here (with our 2 dogs) and we have to admit that the accomodations were fabulous and beyond reasonably priced. Ultra cozy, clean, and safe, actually we accidentally left a large amount $ on the end table by the bed, went out for a drive and came back, the room was attended to beautifully, the temptation was there and our funds were never touched. Thank God, He watches over our stupidity! But actually, everything about the hotel was a joy and a comfort, and the owners were a real treat for us to get to know, albeit brief. Good folks, great experience!

Thanks again,

Craig A.

Room Tip: I can only say that ours was very good!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in this property in May which was out of season but we still had fabulous time. The owner was so helpful in suggesting restaurants and nothing was too much trouble. Even though it was fairly cool when we stayed, the garden was a real sun trap.....so much so that my bikini ventured out! The position was perfect and the accommodation spacious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
El Sobrante, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stumbled upon The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly using TripAdvisor. I have stayed at many hotels in Lake Tahoe and this has been my best experience. I took my family here for a weekend snow trip to celebrate my mother's birthday.

The customer service was just amazing. Upon arriving, we were offered a bottle of wine. The hotel rooms were extremely comfortable after long days of playing in the snow. The bathrooms were also very nice and absolutely spotless. The gift baskets had great local pastries and treats in them. I felt right at home in this hotel and I appreciated the small details, quality furnishings, and thoughtful extras.

The staff was amazing as well. I took a pretty bad fall outside of the hotel when first arriving (I wasn't wearing the right footwear) and the owner ran out to take care of me. She showed so much genuine concern. Not only for my fall, but to make sure my mother had a great birthday, and that my family had an amazing time!

I am extremely picky when I am doing something nice for my mother and it is not often that I feel a place has earned my business but I will most definitely return to this hotel next winter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sparks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I checked in on the 14th and stayed 2 nights - we were the only ones on property and it was a fantastic getaway. Innkeepers were very nice and offered us a bottle of wine and 2 glasses!
Also they offered to guide us to restaurants if needed! The gift basket in our room was put to good use! Everything was clean and very upscale! Grounds were well kept and we sat outside often on our 3 days there. Fireplaces were great and rooms were well heated by them. Jacuzzi was also great! Only downside was no internet service in room but it didn't take away from our trip at all - wireless was available in main lobby though.

Room Tip: go for a suite - lot's of room and very nice to have the living room area!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Amazing little hotel! The owners are right on the property and are very welcoming! Love this place and will be back hopefully next year and every year after that! They have a cute backyard area to play in and it is close enough to all the casinos/restaurants/etc that you may want to go to. WONDERFUL hotel. Great for a weekend!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay in South Lake Tahoe. My wife, 2 kids, dog and I stayed here for an end of the season ski trip in early April. Like I said, everything about the Deerfield Lodge is great!
Robin was extremely helpful when we checked in suggesting restaurants and special events in South Lake Tahoe.
Our room was a Queen suite, which was wonderful for a family, there is plenty of space and the refrigerator and microwave were a bonus. The rooms are very well appointed and the two bathrooms were terrific to have with 2 children.
We brought our dog and he loved the property and the large courtyard to play in.
The Lodge is less than a 5 minutes drive to heavenly and the Ski Run Marina and shops and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance as well.
This will be definitely be our go to place for our next ski trip to South Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!