“haven't even stayed there, yet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly
You added The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly to your Saves list
1200 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Dream Inn)   |
California
“haven't even stayed there, yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had reserved three nights here this weekend, but our boy got sick. So the boy's mother was going to stay home with him while his sister and I went up together. We just didn't want to waste the cost of the hotel.

When I called the proprieter to let her know that we would be arriving very late, she asked if everything was OK. So I told her about the sick boy. She then kindly offered to reschedule. I pointed out that I hadn't even asked for this, knowing that the room would stay empty this weekend.

So, even though we called up late in the evening of the first day of a 3 day rental, even though that room will go empty this weekend, and even though I did not even ask for a change, the proprietor is letting us change without a penalty.

That is what I call kind service. Now they are likely to have our family as repeat customers for life!

Imagine the conversation with a big chain hotel.

"I'm sorry you cannot make it sir, but the policy is that you have paid your room in full already and it cannot be rescheduled or refunded."

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
peaches0403, Owner at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you again, we hope your stay with us was as good as the preview!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent last weekend skiing at Heavenly in Tahoe for our eighth anniversary. While it may sound a bit "snobbish," we normally stay at either the Hyatt in North Shore or at the Ritz. Both were booked up for the weekend, and we really wanted to take our small dog with us this time... A bit of searching and found the Deerfield Lodge had really great reviews.

A bit more research and a call to Robin had us convinced that it might be a good choice... But at about a quarter the price of either location we have stayed in the past. So, we were a bit skeptical, but hopeful.

We were absolutely blown away! We reserved the king suite and it was absolutely WAY better than anything we ever expected... Beautiful (huge!) room(s), tastefully decorated, not one, but two heat producing fireplaces, ect, etc. Very much beyond our expectations.

And right up the road? Heavenly. Really couldn't ask for a much closer drive to the parking lot (free parking and a shuttle service at Heavenly). Robin got us a great discount at a local ski rental shop a few blocks down from the lodge (the Rock House Ski Shop I believe is the place). And we even had one of the best meals we have ever had in Tahoe at the Blue Angel a short walk from the lodge as well. Maybe the stars were all aligned, but trust me, we will return. No more $750/night lodging nights for us!

Thanks to you Robin as well for making our stay such a pleasure. Only negative? Only a couple channels on the TV, but come on - we don't go to Tahoe to watch television anyhow, now do we...? And there is a DVD player in the bedroom (with a VERY comfy bed I might add), so bring a few movies along with you and you'll be fine. An absolute A+++!

Our dog gives it an A+++ too!

Room Tip: Get the king suite. It's only a little bit extra, but it is truly a "wow" suite!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
peaches0403, Owner at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the compliments! Next time you stay with us, we will have a different cable carrier. We are working on that right now and a few other things. Internet and TV have been a bit problematic but hopefully technology has come a long way since we re modeled the lodge. We really appreciate you staying with us and I am glad you had such a nice weekend. Happy Anniversary!
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our first stay at this lodge. This is the perfect place for a ski vacation in Tahoe. It's perfectly located, close to the ski run, but also to restaurants and shops. The rooms are extremely clean and well maintained. We stayed in a 2 room suite (one large living room with extensible sofa and one large bedroom with 2 queen beds), which was perfect for our family of 3. The hot-tub (in one of the bathrooms) was really great after long days on the slopes! Also, both rooms have their own thermostats that control (gas) fireplaces; it's not only nice to watch the fire, but also extremely quiet, not like in other hotels where one has to put up with noisy forced heaters. We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The lodge is very quiet, so I don't think it really matters which room you choose.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is FABULOUS. The rooms are beautiful and the owner, Robin, is so nice and helpful. My sister and I went to Tahoe for a Sister vacation and this place really set the mood for a cozy, warm environment. We were in Room 4 which is a suite. We had a livingroom, two bathrooms (both with showers and one with jacuzzi tub) and two queen feather beds that were to die for. The room had gas fireplaces in the livingroom and bedroom. Also one of the best parts is it's location. It is off the beaten path, yet within minutes of everything. Right across the street are two fabulous, quaint restaurants (Nepheles and Fiore) which made it so each night we could just walk to dinner. I will definitely bring my family here and this will be our sister retreat for years to come.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a suite and is awesome. We asked to see another room incase we didn't get the suite ne...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Ideal location for a ski vacation. Five minutes from Heavenly's California Lodge, and just far enough away from the casinos to avoid the noise and crowds. Excellent restaurants within three blocks. Innkeepers Robin and Eric go out of their way to make your stay personable and enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
peaches0403, Owner at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! Keeping our fingers crossed you will see us more often when the the dream school comes calling!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The location of this hotel is fabulous- in the heart of South Lake Tahoe and literally a hop, skip and a jump away from Heavenly. The rooms are super clean and spacious, living area and separate bedroom with the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. As far as customer service, I have never been treated better. The owners of the property go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. This was the best ski trip we have taken so far, this is our new spot!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
peaches0403, Owner at The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you again for choosing us! We love seeing the B family and await the next edition.
Placerville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed many places at Lake Tahoe for variety of reasons from simple get aways for work, sabbaticals,to special occasions with girlfriends, family or romantic reconnection.. This hotel has never let me down . I love relaxing in their jacuzzi spa tub which I wish I could find take with me for relaxing at home, big enough to fit two. :) The ambiance is stress free in which can be hard to find when looking for a home away from home. All rooms are suites and have gas fireplaces in living room and nice size bedroom with full bath. Living room area has a mini kitchen and a second 1/2 bath.. Roomy with everything you may need. Close star rated restaurants in walking distance .
The managers robin and Eric are very friendly and amicable to make your vacation, whether over night or weeks at a time , they consistently make you feel you are treated well. Parking is near making getting luggage and/ or sports equipment easy to deal with. This is my go to, and those that I know suggested place to stay if in South Lake Tahoe. It's even dog friendly! A place of class, beauty, serenity, and most of all people who care that you can feel and trust. I have been there many times now and I will always return..... I refer Deerfield lodge at Heavenly to anyone looking to stay away from cheesy hotels and the smoke and crazy energy of staying at stinky Casinos. Yet having them very near to visit! It makes your stay easy and wonderful...

Room Tip: They have one king size bed suites or two queen size in room. Also separate living room with couch f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you!

Been to The Deerfield Lodge At Heavenly? Share your experiences!