“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
California
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I decided to spend our 6 year anniversary in Lake Tahoe on the South Shore, we usually go to the North Shore. I was so pleased to find out that the Alder Inn had availability on such short notice for the Memorial Day weekend. When I called to make the reservations the owner was very friendly, and encouraged me to bring my furry friend. When we arrived check in was fast and easy and we were very pleased with our room accomodations as well as the vicinity to all local sight seeing and Nightlife attractions. The Maid service was neat and clean, and the owners were very attentive to anything that would be of service to us, like a fan or recommendations for dining. We will definetly return to the Alder Inn and bring more family and friends to enjoy the experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

I was looking for a hotel in Tahoe for my wedding. I needed something which wasn't too expensive and would give any of my wedding guests disc when booking the room. I'm so glad I came across Alder Inn. The owners of this property were very nice. I had to book total of 9 rooms and knowing most of the guest were arriving out of country, it was very nervewrecking. I'm so grateful to the owners. I booked the room over the phone with the owner's wife and she was very pleasant and assured me not to worry abt anything. I was looking forward to meeting her, however when we arrived in Tahoe, her husband informed us she was out of town. In any case, the husband was very helpful and nice. He even gave us a bottle of wine as a wedding gift, which was very sweet of him. We had lots of guests which stayed up late ,till 2 am and he never once told us to stop our little party we had going on outside. I would highly recommend this hotel since the owners are very very helpful. I had the most beautiful wedding and not worrying abt the hotel helped.

• Liked — The owner was very nice
  • Disliked — Loved everything !!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#22 of 71 in South Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 stars 306 reviews
Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe
Marriott Grand Residence Club Ta...
#9 of 71 in South Lake Tahoe
The Landing Resort & Spa
The Landing Resort & Spa
#1 of 71 in South Lake Tahoe
4.5 of 5 stars 406 reviews

Been to Alder Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Alder Inn

Address: 1072 Ski Run Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
#1 Romantic Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#1 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#2 Family Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#4 Best Value Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Alder Inn 2.5*
Are you dreaming of the perfect hotel for your Tahoe vacation? WE make dreams come true....With our modern plush furnishings, princess quality bedding and excellent customer service, you will be treated like royalty. Family owned and operated, from reservation to housekeeping! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Alder Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Alder Hotel South Lake Tahoe

If you own or manage Alder Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.