We booked the room directly on their website. A little more perks when you do, e.g. Second story, king room & use of the bikes. When we arrive the owner gripes to us about an early guest, we arrived at exactly 3pm, check in time, according to the website. No welcome, thank you for booking direct, choosing us, or a simple hello. We are shown to the room by the overly chatty owner. It is small remodeled motel room, still using keys. Bed is a king, with super hard pillows but well decorated,suggestion:get rid of the robes & get feather down or softer pillows. We go down to the pool area cause they have some cool cabanas to chill out on, don't know the last time they cleaned these cabana sheets, and the cabanas further away had bugs under the pillows. This isn't our first time in Tahoe, so I know what to see, do and avoid, but when I go to the front desk on another day to ask for a map & info the owner mentions something bout my partner not wanting his info when we arrived, WTF. The owners are on the premises constantly, water plants, cleaning a leaf or two from the pool, going to and from laundry room, turning on sprinkler system without any concern about the cars they get wet. They exhaused me just seen them. This is not a welcoming couple, never once did they smile, say hi. We spent good money staying at this hotel, I even forfeited my love of a gym to stay at this ma & pa location. Why oh why are they in the hospitality business.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
As the owner, I can assure you that we greet each guest and are so thankful they chose our hotel. This guest used very foul abbreviated language in this review, WTF, which Tripadvisor refused to remove. This language is inappropriate and we are very disappointed it has been allowed on this family site. I will comment on a few if this guests issues:
Report response as inappropriate
1. We do use keys for our doors. How else would you get into your locked room?
2. The majority of our guest love our plush bath robes and your recommendation to get rid of them is ridiculouse.
3. We choose not to have down pillows because many guest are allergic. Being in the hospitality industry we know and would not expect you to think of it.
4. You mentioned the hotel owner was "overly chatty", but yet did not give you information. This does not even make sense. We give each guest as much info as possible to make their stay great. Perhaps the issue was with your partner.
5. Our cabana beds are located outside by the pool under the pine trees. We try very hard to keep our pool area meet and tidy. On very windy days it is impossible to keep every pine needle off all day long. This doesn't make sense because you even stated that you were annoyed with us always working and cleaning.
6. As the owners living on site we are always busy, most guest view this as a good thing.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.