“Love the managers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Folsom, California
“Love the managers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Sunny and Tom always make our stay so pleasant. We get the same clean room each time. A rare gem in Tahoe with managers who care. We look forward to each trip knowing we will be staying at a hotel that is affordable - has a great pool and is so close to the casinos and lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rio Linda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here 12 years ago on my honeymoon and it was GREAT and then my wife and I went back on 8/21/13 to stay there and some RUDE mam came out and talk so RUDE to my wife that we would not ever stay there again, I don't care if it was for free. The people running the place are terrible, at least the man that came out should be run out of town.
I'm sure he wont be there long with this kind of behavior.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

WE Arrived Friday night and frankly were quite surprised at the great service, value, and friendliness of the hotel staff. They exceeded all our expectations. This motel used to be quite rundown, but the current staff has done some quite surprising renovations.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We were right across the street from harveys hotel and casino. Reasonable rates. Nice rooms. Microwave and fridges. owners are very nice and respectful. Very nice place to stay nice quiet and fun. Everyone imcluding maids and maintenance were very friendly. Barbeque areas and nice sitting areas.

• Stayed August 2013
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was in town for one night and just needed a place to lay my head and stash my stuff before my weeklong vacation began at a more rustic property at Fallen Leaf Lake. I took the South Tahoe Express bus in from the Reno airport and was very happy to see that the Harvey's drop location was literally only about 50 yards from the Capri so I didn't have far to carry my luggage. The room itself was very simple. Teeny little old-school TV and a very outdated bathroom. Wasn't happy with the water pressure in the shower. Nice to have a ceiling fan to keep the room cool in the summer. Room rate includes free WiFi and a pass to the local private beach on Tahoe which normally costs $5 so that was a nice bonus. The free Continental Breakfast was VERY basic...individually wrapped danish and cold cereal. I tried the instant oatmeal, but the hot water provided was barely hot enough to cook the oats. Bottom line...it was great to be within walking distance of everything I wanted to see, and I got a decent night's sleep but the property itself is definitely outdated. I did appreciate their flexibility when I requested a late check out.

Room Tip: I asked for a 2nd floor quiet room and was given an end room on the Cedar Ave. side of the motel. N...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hughson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a great location this is !!!! Directly out the back door of Harvey's and walking distance to all other shops / dining / etc. Managers here are the best hosts in the area ... Sunny & Tom go out of their way to make your acomodations the best possible . I personally like the fact you aren't stuck in some casino with no place to just hang out . The pool is heated & great for an afternoon swim . There are BBQ's on sight for the guests to use . Rooms are always clean & the beddings are always top notch . What a great place to stay !!!

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Sunny (she and her husband, Tom manage the Motel), was very nice and accommodating. A welcoming smile and sparkling eyes as she did her best to help us out.
We had wanted a ground level room, but as we came late and we didn't call before coming to request it, she had none available and couldn't make any adjustments that late.
As it turned out, the room we had was perfect.
The only problem was that the pillow was a bit to firm for my wife and she had a neck ache in the morning. But next time we'll just bring the pillow that works for her.
Standing outside, the smoke from smokers came up in wisps every so often, but no enough to be a problem. We didn't have our pet with us, but them allowing them is wonderful.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second story facing the street have a nice view of the many horse drawn carts that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Capri Motel? Share your experiences!