“Best meal in Tahoe!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Best meal in Tahoe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Amazing. Ten in every way. The specials were so extensive and tempting, I didn't look at the menu. Great staff, and like I said, best meal in tahoe. Mary and I try to give cafe fiore a fair chance but Evans wins everytime!

Visited June 2013

San Francisco, California
“Finally the fresh ketch i remember 10 yrs ago!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Been coming to table for 40 yrs. wife and I had a few favorites throughout the years... Cafe fiore, Evans, and fresh ketch. The past few times we've been to tahoe, u have to say, I saw the fresh ketch go downhill. But I heard new owners bought the place and had a nice big budget to bring back the place from a friend in town, so Mary and I tried it again this week. Amazing! Really professional staff, great waitress, the new chef said hello. Best steak I've had in the past year is say. WASN'T expecting that! All I have to say is I'm glad they're improving this old local favorite!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have gone to this restaurant a number of times and have enjoyed it each time. They offer a number of fish entrees and the ones I have had were very good. For meat eaters they offer some items also.

Visited August 2012
San Jose, California
“Restaurant with a Marina View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Dinner didn't start out too well when they came to tell us that they burned our calamari appetizer and we would have to wait for them to redo it. We expected them to offer us a little nibble while we waited longer or something as simple as bread, but no offer. We had to ask for some bread. At least they didn't serve us the burned calamari. When it finally did arrive, it was great - not too greasy. I had the shrimp and scallops which was sooo good! My husband had the ahi tuna which was a much larger portion than expected.

We had a nice view of the marina and it was very quiet upstairs where we dined while the music played downstairs. Our waitress was friendly, but became distracted and spent her time talking with another table for a very long time and we had to get her attention to bring us the bill when we were ready to leave. All in all, I would definitely return for another order of those shrimp and scallops!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Homey & Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fresh Ketch is kind of a local's little secret eatery. It is in the Tahoe Keyes marina area which is off the beaten track for most visitors to South Lake Tahoe. However, it is worth going a bit out of your way for if you are in the So Lake Tahoe/Stateline area. The restaurant is two storeys with a bar with live music on the first floor and the larger dinning room on the second. You look out onto the marina and surrounding community. There is a really good menu (heavy on seafood) and a good easy vibe to the place. We were there on a Monday night so things weren't crowded at all. We had a great and personable waiter who was attentive and efficient. Food was of good quality for a fair price. Wouldn't hestitate to go back and wouldn't hesitate to recommend for others.

• Visited April 2013