“Intimate Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palm Springs, California
“Intimate Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I recently visited Lake Tahoe for our anniversary and dined at Evan's to celebrate. The 11 tables arranged beautifully in a vintage cabin setting made for an intimate and memorable experience. The service we received was impeccable and the food was amazing. We both enjoyed our entrees, however, one of the most unique and flavorful dishes we had was the "Savory chile cheesecake topped with Maine lobster salad and sauteed white corn fricassee with a duet of avocado and chipotle aiolis." Cheesecake? Was that dessert, you ask? No, this was an appetizer and it was so delicious, we were left speechless. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.

Temecula
“Made a Magnificent Memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I treated our daughter (who lives in Lake Tahoe) and her fiancé to a special occasion dinner at Evan's. It was a lovely evening that we will cherish forever. Getting to know our future son-in law in this intimate little place was a memory the 4 of us will always treasure. We were delighted with the delicious food and the awesome service. The staff is attentive without being intrusive. We all ordered a different dinner and it was fun sharing and trying little bites of the things that I don't order for myself (like duck, fish and venison) I'm more of a chicken and beef person, but I had the pork chop and it was amazing! I started with the butter lettuce salad and it was beyond my expectation. We did the same for the desserts, (sharing little bites) I always get the creme brûlée because it is my favorite, and I was glad to see it was still on the menu. I was happy with my food choices and also that we decided on this place for our celebration. This was my third time at Evan's.

• Visited September 2013
Fallon, Nevada
“Grilled Watermelon - never would have thought of...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Outstanding grilled watermelon and tomato salad - with goat cheese, and pickled red onions. Never would have thought to grill watermelon. It was juicy, sweet and a great combination with tomatoes and the goat cheese. I'm going to have to try to replicate at home.

It was the beginning of an outstanding meal. Anniversary celebration. Staff was exceptional - professional, polite, and friendly. When we asked that they take our picture, more than willing to accommodate.

Entrees were exceptional - steak and halibut. The desert (Grand Marnier chocolate cake and homemade Raspberry Ice Cream) was to die for.

The cost was comparable to the local restaurant we frequent at home. Will be back.

Loveland, Ohio
“Welcomed Gem with no noise/kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We are the parents of 5 grown children and grandparents of 7 who love kids, but there are times when you want an adult-evening and Evan's provides that and more! The cuisine was indeed gourmet and delectable with beautiful presentation. Professional service in a caring manner topped the elegance of the evening! The setting has lovely ambiance, the scale of the restaurant is delightfully small and intimate, and the entire "package" offered an unexpected level of excellence in a highly touristic town. While the cost is pricey, we feel the value-to-price ratio makes it worth it. Save room for dessert which was spectacular!

England
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful meal! Thank you for the amazing food and gracious service. Everything was 5 star, including the staff. We dined the same night as the 2 previous reviewers and we understood your frustration. Thanks for making our night special with a once in a lifetime dinner!

Visited August 2014