“Nice bar” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nephele's has been a local favorite since 1977. We specialize in fresh fish and fresh game as well as seasonal specialties. Check out our full service bar and extensive wine list!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice bar near Alder Inn. We didn't eat there but , it was a lovely place to have a cosy drink. The staff were very nice too.

Visited December 2012

Roseville, California
“The flavors were awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We loved this restaurant. It is a small restaurant (less than 10 tables) and very quaint and romantic. The food was delicous and so flavorful. Their salad dressing is soooo good nothign like I've had before and the portions were great. It is right across the street from the Deerfield Lodge which I highly recommend so you can just walk across the street for dinner. The outside of this restaurant looks almost like a gingerbread house when it's lit up at night. It has a great feel. The only thing that didn't match their great flavors was the mocha ice cream cake. I wouldn't get that again but I'm sure their other desserts were wonderful.

Visited January 2013
Centennial, Colorado, United States
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice treat but expensive. Very good food and excellent service. Not your typical ski dining but a nice treat if you can fit it in your week to have a relaxing, fine dining experience. Nice local business that has the original owner for 35 years.

Visited January 2013
Riverside, California
“Gone down hill the past couple of years.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sad to say that this place has really gone down hill the past couple of years. This used to be one of our not-to-be missed stops whenever we went to Tahoe. These days it doesn't taste like much is made fresh there anymore.

My wife and I took some friends out to dinner there around christmas. She had the chicken marsala, I had the filet; both were mediocre at best. The filet now comes with some brie/crab topping which seems to be frozen crab and does not compliment the steak at all. If anything, it seems to be there to mask the fact that the steak is not a very good quality.

When I asked if I could just get a wedge of brie on top (which is the way they used to serve it a few years ago) I was told that they didn't have any brie...so....where did the brie in the crab mix come from???

My wife's chicken was also nothing special.

The service was good and attentive but, for the price, there are much better places in Tahoe these days. What a shame.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Turlock, California
“I just wasted $90.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Absolutely terrible meal. The wine was the the only good thing we had which, thankfully, the "chef" had nothing to do with. My advice here would be to stay in the bar and order burgers which looked, from afar, pretty good. Our dinner started with a "cheesecake" to spread on the bread which was mushy, overcooked and likely days old; followed by a "special" split pea soup that would have been good if they said it came out of a can (which it may have); and the "stuffed mushrooms" we're basically raw, cheapo mushrooms with a glob of melted cheese product and some other unidentifiable coagulant. Absolutely vile.

• 1 of 5 stars