“If I find myself in South Lake Tahoe, I will definately dine here again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Primo's Italian Bistro

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro opened in February 2012 serving authentic Italian recipes and the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Reservations and to-go orders are welcome.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
“If I find myself in South Lake Tahoe, I will definately dine here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

On my first visit to the Lake Tahoe area, I found that, not surprisingly, it is a extremely beautiful, fairly casual town with a good mix of locals, visitors, and probably a fair number of seasonal residents (my season was summer, some probably live for the winter sports). I came to South Lake Tahoe area first and foremost for its beauty and to be outdoors (I live in Phoenix, this year, we've had 118 degree plus days) and hoped to find good food (not 5 star restaurants that you would find in San Francisco, Chicago, NYC, or other big cities of the World, but, good food) and I found it here. The wine list was of note (they had a wonderful Valpolicella), the bread was warm and crusty, the Caesar Salad was on point (including Anchovies), all of my table of three had wonderful entrees, but, there was no room for desert. The service was friendly and attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Lake Tahoe, California
“To Go..NO NO!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I ordered three varieties of pizzas to go. I had prepaid with a generous 10 dollar tip and what we discovered when I got them home was disgusting. Ice cold, soggy and greasy with very little toppings. So disappointed..I've lived in Tahoe for30 years and never have I experienced a pizza as horrible as these..Hopefully they take better care of their in-house diners..

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, OK
“An Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Dinner at Primos tonight was a dining joy. The veal piccata and ravioli was outstanding. Service was top notch. Take the time to find this little gem.

Visited July 2013
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had two of their specials tonight, I had their duck ravioli and my wife had shrimp and scallop risotto. Both very good. Really good. Service was earnest and attentive. All good. Far above and beyond your typical olive garden.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“The best kept secret of So Lake Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This little Bistro had better Italian food than we had in Italy. Charming small restaurant in a strip mall, behind a restaurant named Orchids. We found it through our Consignee at our timeshare. The cooks were trained by the Italian owner. Lunch is 1/2 the price of dinner & has ample servings. I had Eggplant Parmesan & it came with Fettuccine and red sauce. My husband ordered Ravioli & Meat Balls & both were delicious. We were served fresh, hot bread, just out of the oven. With drinks & tax (including one red wine) we paid $26.50. To be sure I liked the wine, the waitress brought me a sample glass before she served the wine. The waitress (who is usually there during winter months) was very attentive, fun to talk to, had a cute European accent & made our visit very enjoyable. We gave her a larger tip than 20% as the service was so good & the total price so low. There were table clothes and Italian music playing (even for lunch). We wanted to go back again during our week there but ran out of time. Primo's will be at the top of our list for our next trip to Lake Tahoe.

• Visited June 2013