This place was a priceline surprise for us. I'm not sure I would have chosen this place if I were going strictly by all of the reviews.
We got a room on the second floor. There was some kind of Harley biker retreat going on at this place, so it was a little intimidating to drive up and see all the bikes and bikers when we drove up.... but everyone was really nice and friendly. There was also a concert going on at the nearby casino, so it was pretty noisy from that. But all of the noise promptly stopped around 10 pm.
The weather was cool, so we didn't need the A/C or heat. Yes, the place is a little dated. But I gotta say, our room was immaculately clean! No hairdryer or iron.............but there were lots of little toiletry samples.
We didn't get a chance to try the breakfast. We were up and out too early for that.
The staff was pretty nice. We'd consider coming back here.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motor Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Ambassador Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.