I often stay here for the weekend. It is good value. I stayed here for the past 4 years. My review is past due.
The staff is friendly. I can check in early if the rooms are ready, which is 90% of the time.
The breakfast is awesome. They have coffee, juice, milk, fresh fruits, cereal, energy bars, etc. My favorites are the fresh cup cakes and toasted bagels with cream cheese. Then get an apple to go. I never eat so much breakfast elsewhere.
The rooms are clean. The furniture are old, but well maintained. There is WIFI, but often busy.
The hot water is hot and the cold water is cold. It is very important! The water pressure is good for a hot shower.
It is a 5 minutes walk to Heavenly Gondola.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Ambassador Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe