“Hot Tasty Pizza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Base Camp Pizza Co.

Base Camp Pizza Co.
1001 Heavenly Villiage Way, Suite #25A, South Lake Tahoe, CA
530 544-2273
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 2012, this is the third restaurant for the Tahoe Restaurant Group. The two established restaurants are Fireside Pizza at Squaw Valley ski resort and Rubicon Pizza at Northstar ski resort. Headed by Ted Kennedy and Marc Vaccaro, the company is commited to a relaxed, family atmosphere with great food. All locations have games for the kids to play while they are waiting for their food.Base Camp Pizza Co. is the brainchild of long time friends Ray Villaman and Ted Kennedy. Ray is a 20 year restaurant veteran including - California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, the California Restaurant Association and even a short time as President of Blimpies.Come by and try some of our signature dishes: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Curry Pizza, Italian Herb Shrimp Penne, and our signature Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Beersheba, Israel
“Hot Tasty Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were hungry and looking around for somewhere that had outdoor seating with heaters and some fun family food. This place hit the nail on the head. Nice seating, live music, fast service and tasty pizza combinations. Just what we needed after a long day's activities. They also serve their soft drinks in a jar which the kids thought was a fun thing to do. All in all a fun place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars

“Great pizza, lived up to the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited base camp pizza co. on a Saturday afternoon. Good atmosphere, sat outside in the sun (by the heaters!) Staff were friendly and helpful.

We had a large BBQ chicken pizza and a small salad between two of us and couldn't finish. Both were really good. You can order your drinks as 32oz which come in a large mason jar, beers and cocktails :-)

Would definitely come back again.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Loved the atmosphere & food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

They had a nice seating area with heaters outside & also someone singing. We came here twice & both times there was someone singing. The cheese bread & spinach dip is really good. We also loved the crust for the pizza & pizza itself was really good. To finish off a great meal on a cold evening is their "Apple Pie" drink, it's really good. The service was nice & fast.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Concord, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I and our 5 month old stopped for lunch after hearing good reviews from our hotel. The pizza was good and the staff and management were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The manager went out of his way to give us advice and help on how to better enjoy our stay at South Shore. Definitely make this one of you meal stops.

Los Angeles, California
“Didn't stay to eat - no one came over to help me...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had read all the great reviews and tracked this place down in the middle of the outdoor mall, it's next to the mini-golf course and along from the movie theatre. I was excited to eat here, it was about 3 ish on a Sunday afternoon. They have a whole outdoor area for dining. I was given a table, menus, then no one ever came back to ask if i wanted a drink, water etc. The prices are high, as all places were in that mall. The place was busy, not packed, and after about 10 minutes, I left. The families, who were dining seemed happy with their food. I don't know if it was a change of shift or because I was dining alone that I wasn't as high a priority....I was being ignored, I was starving, I left...that's my story with this place.

Visited September 2013