“Convenient location, nice amenities.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
California
“Convenient location, nice amenities.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in a unit facing the pool/courtyard area with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, balcony, and 2 bathrooms. It was wonderful to have so much space and rooms that received nice morning and afternoon sun. It' was also nice to have a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator so we could bring our own food and supplies to eat in one night while watching DVDs. The layout of the living area wasn't the best for watching the TV screen from the couch, so we moved the furniture around a little. Two window side daybed/ seating areas were comfy places to relax.

We enjoyed the swimming pool everyday. One thing about the pool I would have preferred different was the lack of a deep section but I suppose having the entire pool be 3-4.5 feet deep is safer when there are children around. We also tried the co-ed steam room across from the gym. Unfortunately, the steam room got really steamy and hot and to the point where the air became difficult to breathe for both of us.

One big negative for me was the bed. My husband slept fine but I could not get comfortable at all. Whatever position I tried to lay down in, my lower back would become very painful. I don't know if this is because my hips couldn't sink into the bed enough or some other reason. The bed is probably not a problem for most people though.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we asked for directions or information about local activities. We received a coupon book for discounts at various places. The premises were always very clean. The hotel is centrally located to many shops, restaurants, the lake, and casinos. We walked to breakfast and shopping at the local supermarket. In spite of the issues I had with the bed, I would still recommend staying here for the amenities and convenience.--I'll just bring my own pillow and a travel mattress next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

This condo-hotel has lovely well appointed units. The pool centers the property and is attractive from the units. It is easy to get to the major casinos, just a block or so away. There are restaurants and other amenities nearby.

The only drawback we saw - the parking options were valet at $22 per day - or - they directed you to park in the free lot maintained by the hotel next door and the casino next to it, neither of which was affiliated with Marriott!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

My fiance and I visited Lake Tahoe for a leisurely Labor Day weekend vacation. Our stay at the Grand Residence was flawless! It's a beauitful facility, and close to just about everything! We rented (i.e. we're not time share owners and were never solicted to become them) a studio and enjoyed having a full kitchen; we stopped at nearby Safeway and bought breakfast and lunches so we could eat healthier and save money! The valet parking price is a bit steep, but I always do my research before booking and was prepared to pay. Everyone who I dealt with was unbelievably friendly - the front desk staff wished us to have fun when we left and the valet always asked if we needed directions. It was a wonderful vacation and I would definitely return!

Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We just returned a few days ago from our stay at the Mariott Grand Residence Club. I have to say that our experience was top notch! Each employee that we encountered was friendly and very much customer service oriented! The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. My husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter (13) and niece (12). They enjoyed the pool each day. You absolutely can not beat the location. It was within walking distance of pretty much everywhere we wanted to go, with the exception of the beach, which was a few minutes drive away. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
sonoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The location to stateline is good, but its very expensive, and had an extremely small closet.
We asked for a room near the elevator so my partner would not have to walk a long distance, because of a of a severe limp from back surgery, but we had to walk a long distance to get to the elevator and then an additional long distance to get to our room.
In addition,I was not told when I made the reservations, and subsequently very upset, about the charge of $22.00 a night for parking. I did complain via email, twice, but the response showed little care of our situation.

Victoria, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I made plans to go to Lake Tahoe, and didn't want to stay at a Casino Hotel, but wanted to be near shopping and activity. We selected the Marriott Grand Residence Club. It is within walking distance of the South casino's, shopping, a movie theater, and various places to grab a bite to eat. The lobby area is large and comfortable. We selected a one bedroom, two bath suite. It was beautiful. It had two fireplaces, one in the Master Bedroom and one in the Living Room area. The kitchen was fully stocked with small appliances including a crock pot. They supplied dishsoap and laundry detergent. I know that when we travel, my husband wakes early while I wish to sleep in a bit. With the arrangement of this suite. I slept in peace while he went and made coffee, watched TV, and used one bath. It was perfect for meeting all our needs. The valet parking is not truly optional, and does cost $20.00 a night, but it's free to get it brought to you 100 times a day if you simply ask. It is covered parking, and all the valet staff were super. The pool area was clean and very nice. It is a smoke free property. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

I recently traveled to Lake Tahoe and i stayed here for a week through Interval International last minute getaway. Overall it was a positive experience. It had a nice pool with 2 Hot tubs and it was great.

Pros:
* Close to the Heavenly village, Shopping and Food.
* Nice rooms & clean rooms.
* Free internet and Free beach pass.
* Some nice activities arranged by hotel (we took a power walk)

Cons:
* Not a friendly front desk. (asked for a change in room type, and they couldn't help)
* No Room service. You have to pay if you are exchanging through Timeshare.
* Towel Service available, but not friendly.
* No parking. Only valet which costs $22/per day.
* Spa was not that great (Very small)

Still I would recommend this Place for its location, cleanliness and views.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe? Share your experiences!