“A dream come true” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
India
“A dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The 3 bhk apartment was like a dream come true with 2 storey, steam bath in the master bedroom, huge bath tubs with Jacuzzi in all bathrooms.the sofas and couches were top notch quality. Bedrooms were huge with state of the art furnishings. The property has 2 awesome hot tubs, a temperature controlled pool,steam, sauna and 2 spas.there is a free WiFi throughout the property which is very slow though. The property doesn't provide any food, however number of restaurants and a super market across the street make up for it.the kitchen is well appointed with everything that one can imagine. I would definitely like to come back here.

• Stayed May 2013

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at- I want to take the time to write a review for them and thank them for a great time my family had on our last trip. I booked this Marriott for a Memorial day weekend trip, one of the busiest times of the year and got a pretty decent rate (compared to $350 night at Harveys or $250 at Harrahs). I booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath model for my family with 2 kids and 2 grandparents. I couldn't have asked for better accommodations. First, the location is perfect. It's in the nicest part of South lake downtown at Heavenly village. Lots of restaurants nearby and 1.5 block walk from the casinos. Across the street is Raley's and Starbucks for our essentials. It is also 2 blocks walk to the private beach which we get a free pass to as a guest. Now the room: The moment we walked into the room, we all said, WOW, this place is huge. I would approximate 1000 sq feet? Larger than most people's condos. The kitchen is fully stocked with all utensils, pots/pans, and even a blender/crock pot. Very spacious U shape design allows for lots of counter space. I love how the 2 bedrooms are on opposite sides so we each get some privacy. The spacious living room allowed our toddler to run around. The fireplace was really enjoyable at nite. The attention to detail is also appreciated as there are 3 seperate thermostat controls. Everything was very clean as well and modern. Our balcony wrapped around since we got a corner unit - another 250+ feet of hanging out space. It felt so comfortable I can live there for months on end without any issues. The pool was heated so even though the weekend dropped down to 60 degrees, we were able to place in the pool with the kids. The firepit next to the pool was a nice touch to hang out. Service was great, the entire staff always greeted you warmly with a smile. Really, because of how pleasant things were, shelling out $26 for valet parking which everyone griped about wasn't an issue. It's funny, I'm a cheapskate usually but I think this hotel is great value because of everything you get with it. I can't wait to go back to Tahoe again in the summer. Where else can you get warm weather, nice beaches, tons of nature things to do, crystal clear water, view of the snowy mountains as a backdrop, casino night life all in one city - 4 hrs from bay area?

Room Tip: pool view rooms also has view of the mountain. Opt for those if possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned home from a short stay in south lake tahoe, california. my husband and i were looking for the full pampering experience and we both found it at the marriott. it all started when we pulled in to the valet parking and were greeted by some of the kindest most professional young men i have ever had the pleasure of visiting with. each morning was always greeted with a smile and a kind word. the frost desk staff was equally cordial, professional and accommodating. our one bedroom villa was more than i had hoped for! 2 gas fireplaces, large living room, full service kitchen and huge bathroom suite made it hard to check out 2 days later.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a time share property but they do book rooms to non-members. We had a one bedroom unit with a full kitchen. There was a queen bed and a queen sofa bed in the living room. It had one of the best appointed kitchens I have ever seen in one of these places. We do like to stay where we can make our own breakfast and meals if we desire.

The furnishings are very nice..."woodsy". There is a gas fireplace in the bedroom and living room. DVD player and great TV choices were available.

The staff was helpful and very friendly. It is close to a great market, a cinema, a great pedicure place...and of course it is close to the lake.

Room Tip: we were on the top floor facing the main street..it was quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I got a fantastic rate from my brother who got me family and friends rate otherwise I would say this hotel is not worth $150+ a night in South Lake Tahoe. Room was tiny but good, view was front road facing with balcony but lake was not visible because the hotel is not elevated enough that the view would surpass all the existing building on the other side of the road but road view was good enough for us. Swimming pool was under construction so had to use Marriott Timber Ridge's pool which was bigger than this property but to walk 200 yards (depending upon which side you are staying at the hotel) to reach the pool.

Valet was super expensive $26 per night considering there was no self parking so either you public park your car in a city's parking structure and pay $25 for the night or park at the back of the casinos for free. Valet charges were not at all justifiable and I parked at casinos for both night.

There was everything you would like in a hotel studio like Microwave, dishwasher, gas, coffee maker, fridge, etc. so it was a nice stay but wouldn't stay unless I get a phenomenal rate I got this time.

north shields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The grand Marriott is an amazing place to stay this is more like it the staff are very nice and polite the large room with fireplace is wonderful the bed is very commftable the two bathrooms are very nice you also get a living area with a full kitchen and every thing you would need is supplied. I am happy to recommend this to all holiday makers looking for that little extra comfort it is in a great location right next to the gondolas the rooms also come with a safe deposit box I also got a telephone message each day telling me what is happening around the resort. If you stay here you should book up a treatment in the spa I had the hot stones today and it was amazing the staff are so nice I am leaving the Marriott tomorrow but will be back x

Room Tip: I came here with my husband and picked the large room with fireplace loved everything about it it ha...
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

WOW! We needed a place to meet our BC Canadian cousins who were in Reno for a conference. We figured at this point of their travels, they would need a laundry, home cooking, a place to park their slippers and, finally, somewhere they could walk to attractions, etc., rather than drive. After speaking to Tim Golobic of Heavenly Valley Condos, he knew just the place we needed -- a 2000 square foot penthouse. Because we were looking for accommodations in the bridge season (end of ski and beginning of hiking, biking, sailing season), we were able to get these accommodations affordably. It was luxury with the type of glad-to-be-of-service atmosphere you would expect from Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe? Share your experiences!