“This property knows how to treat a customer.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Bakersfield, California
“This property knows how to treat a customer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned home from a short stay in south lake tahoe, california. my husband and i were looking for the full pampering experience and we both found it at the marriott. it all started when we pulled in to the valet parking and were greeted by some of the kindest most professional young men i have ever had the pleasure of visiting with. each morning was always greeted with a smile and a kind word. the frost desk staff was equally cordial, professional and accommodating. our one bedroom villa was more than i had hoped for! 2 gas fireplaces, large living room, full service kitchen and huge bathroom suite made it hard to check out 2 days later.

• 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank mamabuys

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a time share property but they do book rooms to non-members. We had a one bedroom unit with a full kitchen. There was a queen bed and a queen sofa bed in the living room. It had one of the best appointed kitchens I have ever seen in one of these places. We do like to stay where we can make our own breakfast and meals if we desire.

The furnishings are very nice..."woodsy". There is a gas fireplace in the bedroom and living room. DVD player and great TV choices were available.

The staff was helpful and very friendly. It is close to a great market, a cinema, a great pedicure place...and of course it is close to the lake.

Room Tip: we were on the top floor facing the main street..it was quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because I got a fantastic rate from my brother who got me family and friends rate otherwise I would say this hotel is not worth $150+ a night in South Lake Tahoe. Room was tiny but good, view was front road facing with balcony but lake was not visible because the hotel is not elevated enough that the view would surpass all the existing building on the other side of the road but road view was good enough for us. Swimming pool was under construction so had to use Marriott Timber Ridge's pool which was bigger than this property but to walk 200 yards (depending upon which side you are staying at the hotel) to reach the pool.

Valet was super expensive $26 per night considering there was no self parking so either you public park your car in a city's parking structure and pay $25 for the night or park at the back of the casinos for free. Valet charges were not at all justifiable and I parked at casinos for both night.

There was everything you would like in a hotel studio like Microwave, dishwasher, gas, coffee maker, fridge, etc. so it was a nice stay but wouldn't stay unless I get a phenomenal rate I got this time.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank Mr_AK_82
north shields
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The grand Marriott is an amazing place to stay this is more like it the staff are very nice and polite the large room with fireplace is wonderful the bed is very commftable the two bathrooms are very nice you also get a living area with a full kitchen and every thing you would need is supplied. I am happy to recommend this to all holiday makers looking for that little extra comfort it is in a great location right next to the gondolas the rooms also come with a safe deposit box I also got a telephone message each day telling me what is happening around the resort. If you stay here you should book up a treatment in the spa I had the hot stones today and it was amazing the staff are so nice I am leaving the Marriott tomorrow but will be back x

Room Tip: I came here with my husband and picked the large room with fireplace loved everything about it it ha...
1 Thank sharp66
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

WOW! We needed a place to meet our BC Canadian cousins who were in Reno for a conference. We figured at this point of their travels, they would need a laundry, home cooking, a place to park their slippers and, finally, somewhere they could walk to attractions, etc., rather than drive. After speaking to Tim Golobic of Heavenly Valley Condos, he knew just the place we needed -- a 2000 square foot penthouse. Because we were looking for accommodations in the bridge season (end of ski and beginning of hiking, biking, sailing season), we were able to get these accommodations affordably. It was luxury with the type of glad-to-be-of-service atmosphere you would expect from Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsMaye
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days whilst travelling. It was between the ski season and the summer season so everything was very quiet but that may not have been a bad thing. We had an apartment with a small kitchen so we could buy food at the local supermarket for breakfast and cook it ourselves saving money.

The hotel is beautiful and couldn't be better situated for attractions and amenities. All of staff are brilliant, particularly Connie, the concierge who could not be better.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mike H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the room. It would have been nicer to be a little bit higher up so we could have a better view. The room is nicely furnished and nicely laid out. I didn't feel cramped but everything you need is in the room. I had a place to plug in my iPhone next to the nightstand and the Tv was setup to take external devices. The bathroom is nicely done but I would have preferred a nicer shower head. I couldn't seem to get the flow just right. My only complaint is the parking. Only valet is available. You can park down the street at the casino for free but that is a cumbersome. I like to self park but that is not an option on their premises. If I was skiing this place is perfect because the lift is right there on property. Heavenly Village surrounds you so there is plenty of shopping and restaurants to enjoy.

• Stayed May 2013
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
#6 of 70 in South Lake Tahoe
4.5 of 5 stars 180 reviews

Been to Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe? Share your experiences!