“Wonderful Stay-Lovely Place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful Stay-Lovely Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I wouldn't change a thing about our stay at the Marriott Grand Residence in Lake Tahoe! The staff were friendly and very helpful, the lobby was clean, spacious, and cozy, and the amenities (pool etc) were great. Our living room on the 5th floor was immense. We had more than enough room for the seven people in our group to hang out, cook dinner, and watch the MSU game (too bad they lost to Indiana!). We had two queen beds in the bedroom, and two bathrooms (one of which was HUGE) with spa tubs (my fav after being on the mountain!). It is a short walk (around the corner) in ski boots to the Heavenly gondola, and as a guest of the hotel there is a complimentary ski check at Heavenly Sports-right at the Gondola. As guests of the hotel, you also receive discounts at many places around Tahoe, so make sure to check this out (see other reviews). Loved it.

Room Tip: 5th floor had high ceilings and was quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Came to Tahoe for the Presidents day weekend with my kids, 20,18 and 11, tired of the cramped hotels or smokey casinos, found this place by chance, didn't bother to review, was a little pricey for the last ski weekend, rates are half otherwise,I was surprised how large the unit was, two story loft style, huge den upstairs and separate bedroom, downstairs fireplace, sofa bed, single bed size seating/ sleeping in front of windows. Room enough for all of us, independently, three tv's, full cable,HBO,Starz.free wifi connection. Gondola ride up the mountain in back. Beautiful heated pool, two Hot tubs, apparently these are timeshares but can be rented as a hotel room, fully stocked kitchen.I was pleasantly surprised, All my kids were happy. A rare moment indeed.
Couples will find it as pleasant, it is clean secure and worth a stay.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor, the place was sold out and it was as if it was empty. Very well built
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Grand Residence is just steps away from the gondola. It is clean, comfortable and has good service. There is free wifi internet. The kitchen is a great amenity and grocery is across the street at Raley's.

Easy choice for a skiing trip in Heavenly.

Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Took my family, wife & two kids 9 & 12, to Marriott Grand in Tahoe last weekend. The service was impeccable, the pool and hot tub were heated and hot as advertised. The accommodations were great, we had pots/pans, silverware, cups and glasses; everything you could want. The family especially enjoyed the fireplace in each room. The whirlpool bathtub got used extensively and we just really enjoyed our time there. We were just a stones throw away from the gondola at heavenly, we never had to get in the car to eat or ski the whole weekend. It was GREAT. The only blemish on the entire trip is that the mattress in the bedroom was of the hard stiff type. In the last 6 months we have stayed at other Marriott's in San Francisco, Intercontinental, The W brand hotel, Peppermill in Reno to name a few. I have never slept on a more uncomfortable mattress. Now, maybe it was me, after all the last ski lift ticket on my jacket said Dec. 26, 1999. So maybe after all day on the slopes I was more sore than normal, but if you don't sleep well on firm mattresses, I would mention it when you make your reservation. Aside from that I give the resort a 9.5 out of 10. We will be back for sure.

Bells, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I recently completed a 3 night stay at the Marriott Grand Residence Club in South Lake Tahoe, and I would highly recommend it. We were originally placed into a "Studio" room, however I thought I had booked a 1 Room with Kitchen. After talking with the front desk, they allowed us to move rooms without any problems. This is a perfect location if you plan to ski at Heavenly. The gondola is located about 20 yards from the side door. We really enjoyed the two hot tubs after a long day of skiing. Also the club is centrally located to all the places that you would eat and drink.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott whilst skiing Heavenly and it is an easy choice. The hotel is about 1-2 minutes walk to the gondola and equally close to ski shops and rentals. If you want to minimise the hassle, then this is an easy choice. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, which had a separate living area with pull out sofa, so very comfortable for 4. There is a generous kitchen with double door fridge, oven and dining area, plus 2 bathrooms. We previously stayed a the adjacent Marriott Lodge, but fond it noisy by comparison and not as well designed. The free laundry is a bonus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay tremendously. A few comments:
1) When I booked a "studio" room, I had a feeling it was going to be small. That's just what I think of when I think of "studio". Our room was anything but small. We had a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, kitchen sink, coffee pot as well as a blender and plenty of dishes as well as a small dining table. Also had a humidifier in the room, which was a nice perk because I've stayed in other ski resorts where you had to call and ask for one. Our dishes were cleaned daily when our room was cleaned.
2) So many walkable restaurants as well as other things to do. We only had a rental car on the first and last day of our trip. Three days in the middle were fine without a rental car as there is so much within a VERY short walking distance.
3) No casino on the premises which was a nice bonus as my wife does not like casinos. I did a little bit of gambling and it was a short walk. The lobby as well as our room were very quiet which we enjoyed.
4) Staff were all very courteous and helpful.

A few minor glitches:
1) Wife booked a massage and the day she was scheduled the resort's spa was closed and she was sent to their "sister" spa facility. It was not far but she was not overly impressed with the atmosphere, although the massage was good she didn't like the facility itself.
2) When I called the facility to ask a few questions before we booked, I was told it is a "ski in, ski out" resort. While the gondola is literally steps away, there are no ski slopes to "ski in" to the resort. It's a 15 minute ride on the gondola before you are actually at the slopes. This wasn't a big issue for us but it was a tiny bit misleading the way it was described.
3) As many other reviewers have mentioned, the overnight parking fee was a bit steep ($26). We were well aware of this going in and the price of the room was very reasonable for the quality of the resort so we weren't too bothered by it.

Despite the above on the whole we were extremely pleased and would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe? Share your experiences!