“Not what I expected!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Rio Linda, California
“Not what I expected!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I called friday night and booked a room for saturday night. That seemed ok. When we got there saturday to get our room, they couldn't find our reservations. They were so disorganized I should of canceled then, but he gave us a room. When we got to the room I wished that I would of went somewhere else. The carpet was dirty, shower was disgusting and there was no air condition. Then the worst part was we had some drunks next to us that kept us up all night. They kept beating on the walls and yelling. Also there is no phones in the room to call the manager. The picture they show on the website is not what the rooms look like. One last comment. When we got home I had a message from the manager calling me to see when we were going to arrive. We were already there. I sure hope they don't charge us twice. What a nightmare!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

1) Management -
Useless people. Were drunk at 3 pm in the afternoon. Not in their senses while talking. Worst part that they could not give us the room we had paid for.

2) Room - Extremely unclean. Smelly carpets. Pathetic rooms!

Advise - postpone your trip if this is the las hotel available in Tahoe.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

The ONLY thing this place has going for it it's location. It's right across the street from the Heavenly Gondola and very close to restaruants and shops. But so are a lot of other places more worthy of your money. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It's dirty and creepy and the staff is useless.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
San Leandro, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

The first thing we noticed was how dirty the room was. The shower floor was black with built up grime. The seal around the mini refrigerator had old food and mold sticking to it. The bedding was dark and dingy. The room smelled real bad. I asked the manager if he could give me some cleaning supplies. He did send someone over to clean the room, she did wipe the counters down with something but that was it. We booked 3 days in the room but only stayed 2 hours. We were given back $40.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I found this property online, however I booked with them by calling them, and not booking through the property's website. The person who answered the phone (a certain Mr.Anil) assured me I had two double rooms confirmed after I gave him my credit card details etc. However he called me back 3 days later to say their rates had changed and were higher now!!! And worse he could no longer give me the rooms I booked! He did however offer to give me the number of another motel where I may find a room. After our experience with him, we didn't want to have anything to do with him let alone his contacts.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We would never stay here again. we booked 3 rooms total for 2 nights, and when we got there, he only gave us 2 rooms because he overbooked. All the rooms were extremely dirty. The bathrooms filled with hair and brown color. The toilet had brown things all over it. The sheets dont look like they were changed from the last customers. The carpet was sticky, like it was never washed for ten years. All the electric plugs dont work, we couldnt charge our cell phone. The hair dryer dont work, so did the TV remote controls. They claimed to have fridge and microwave but nothing working in their rooms. It looks like they were put there for shows. The TV was broken, we have to plug and unplug using the chords to turn on TV. And when we plug in the TV, we have to put something against the plug to keep it stay in. One more thing, he didnt even know how to use the credit card machine, it took us over an hour to check in and check out. At the end, we told him about all the problems in the rooms to hope that he will improve the place for the next customers, but he turn around and yelled at us. What kind of customer service is that? The place is not the cheapest either. I paid $69 for 1 bed, i can get the same price somewhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Booked two rooms next to each other for a family stay. The rooms were very dirty. Bathrooms were not at all clean in general. In one room the toilet was absolutely filthy, in the other the bathroom was light was broken - it's hard to shower in the dark!
Carpets were horribly dirty. Bed linen had holes in it. We had a miserable stay - motel needs a complete remodel. Yuck, yuck.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirty, dirty, dirty!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Stateline Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!