“Old, basic, good location” 2 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge South Lake Tahoe
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2659 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #56 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Denver, Colorado
“Old, basic, good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The older room had the basics. The room had a noisy air conditioner but if we shut it off and opened the balcony door, it was noisy. There were suspicious groups of people gathering behind the hotel at night that were not hotel guests.
The up side is the location. I walked to the Lake at Sunrise and we could walk to a couple of restaurants that were enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just enjoyed our second multi-night stay (Jan and Mar) in South Shore this winter season. Great property with very friendly staff and management. Easy access to anywhere we needed to go in Tahoe. Super affordable! Let Narinder and his staff accommodate you next time in Tahoe!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Upon arriving late at night during one of the coldest weekends in Tahoe history, we were less than thrilled to learn that the room to which we were assigned did not have heat. Even less thrilling was the visit from the "maintenance" man who confirmed that we had no heat but could do nothing about it. After the maintenance man spent several minutes on the phone with the manager, it seemed as if we were going to get a different room.

The manager assured us that he would be over within five minutes with keys to a new, heated room. Ten minutes later, I had to call him to ask where he was. Another ten minutes later, I was at the front door of his office, collecting a new key.

The second room was worse than the first: not only did it not have heat, it also didn't have power. There was just enough light shining in from the outside lights to make out a bed with no sheets.

One star for not making a fuss out of giving me a refund.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a great value! I stayed for a week and enjoyed the close proximity to Heavenly and many shops and restaurants. I liked the staff and my overall experience and I will be back to stay here as the price and the location are unbeatable.
The only con I experienced is spotty internet service offered by the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hollister, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a fireplace and jacuzzi room, the first week of Jan 2013. It was so nice to come in after a day in the snow, to a jacuzzi, fireplace, flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. My husband, I, and our teenage daughter were very happy with the cozy accommodations. It may not be as modern as some of the fancier hotels, but this was a really good value for the money. The breakfast was simple, but sufficient, and the staff, and the manager, Ron, were very nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Ron, the manager their is very friendly. Room was recently renovated so it was very nice and clean. Its very good place to stay. Not expensive either. pillows were comfy. no stains on sheets.
Comfortable bed. It was quiet at night and the heat worked very nicely. Had a jacuzzi in room. It was clean and warm. so if you want to stay in lake tahoe and want best value for money then thiis is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We reserved our room through the group card and would NOT have stayed here had I seen it first. I could not cancel the room. I reserved one with a fire place---no fire place. Water stain on the all Dingy grey pillows. Stained comforter. OLD shower stall. The refrig. and mic were there. Didn't use micro----but the refrig is used for my husbands medicine. The furniture is out of the 70's ugly and had a very hard life. I haven't slept on the bed.---Thinking of brining my blanket out of the car and my own pillow. So not up to the other choice privilege places. Worst place I've stayed at in 10 years.

Room Tip: Ask to SEE the room first.