“Good nights rest after a long day.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunray Tahoe Hotel

Sunray Tahoe Hotel
You added Sunray Tahoe Hotel to your Saves list
Sunray Tahoe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2659 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Econo Lodge South Lake Tahoe)   |
Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Placerville, California
“Good nights rest after a long day.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 4/6/2012 and had a great experience. After a long day on the ski slopes of Heavenly we went to the Red Hut Cafe for a little dinner and then checked in to our hotel room. The room was great, we had a fireplace and a flat screen television, rooms are a little small but it did the trick for us being able to get some rest before going out for some late night fun at the casino's. I have to say that our room was clean and odor free, the bathroom was also spotless and the bed was comftorable. Next time I need a room in South Lake Tahoe, I will be staying here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayde here one night and it wast most horrible night spent in a hotel! Our room was completely infested with Bed Bugs.... me and my husband are bitten from head to toe!!! We have red itchy welts all over us! Do not stay here for your own protection!!! And now the supervisor is avoiding our phone calls... we want him to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else but he always unavailable!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Bed Bugs!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
jugnoo11, General Manager at Sunray Tahoe Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
The new management at the Econo Lodge has reviewed all of the comments and is doing what ever is necessary to resolve all of these past issues. We have made changes with some of the personal and feel that we are making every effort to make your room and stay as clean , friendly and pleasant as possible.
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was hesitant at first since there was a wedding chapel on the premises. The owner, Ron, showed me a 2 queen bed room. Everything looked clean, had a fireplace and flat screen TV. I was even more pleasantly surprised to find upgraded bedding, i.e., down comforters between 2 clean sheets and a high quality bedspread. Ron was most accommodating when we reported slow water pressure and the problem was resolved when we came back to the room after a day of sightseeing. Wi-Fi was slow but he explained he was changing the router system over to a more efficient one. I was sorry we didn't stay there the second night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I will admit that the check in process was slow. However, once in our room everything was as expected. The beds were comfortable (not better than my serta at home, but me and my wife slept well). The hotel appears to have been recently renovated and under new management (as per the clerk at the front desk). Long story short, we will stay here again. And bearing in mind the price, you will definately get a little more than you paid for :).
-just thought i would take a moment to write something down, because it looks like the only people who took the time to write something down had a bad experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Belvidere, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

After waiting for 10 minutes to get someone to actually check us into our room we were Initially were put into a room that had not even been cleaned, then was switched to a room with a king size bed and only two pillows. When we asked for 2 extra pillows, the manager accused us of having other people staying in our room with us, after I offered to let the manager come inspect our room he declined and advised they would see if they could locate some extra pillows... They never came. The next day after being out all day long, we came back to our room with no fresh towels, no pillows, the bed not made, we were still out of facial tissues. I called the front desk and was told that nothing was done cause the maids said we refused service. After convincing the manager that no one was in our room all day long, we finally got the towels we needed but it took 3 phone calls to resolve that. Overall a very poor and disappointing experience. On top of it all, the bed was in horrible shape, back for both me and my girlfriend's backs and the room overall was not comfortable. Next time I am in Tahoe, I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I'm sitting in the room on the computer & my boyfriend was sleeping....all of a sudden, we hear the door open! thank god the latch lock was on! when we confronted the front desk, the clerk acted like it wasn't a big deal. come to find out when he issued the room to us, somehow he entered room "211" on the computer instead of room "212" which was the room we were in. so that means he tried to issue the room we were in to someone else! can you imagine what would have happened if the latch lock wasn't on or if we weren't in the room at the time the strangers were trying to enter? we would have came back to an empty room. laptop & everything else would have been gone!

• Stayed September 2010
Wilton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I would of rather sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground under the stars, then stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sunray Tahoe Hotel? Share your experiences!