“GREAT PLACE - GREAT PRICE!” 4 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge South Lake Tahoe
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2659 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #57 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Phoenix
“GREAT PLACE - GREAT PRICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was hesitant at first since there was a wedding chapel on the premises. The owner, Ron, showed me a 2 queen bed room. Everything looked clean, had a fireplace and flat screen TV. I was even more pleasantly surprised to find upgraded bedding, i.e., down comforters between 2 clean sheets and a high quality bedspread. Ron was most accommodating when we reported slow water pressure and the problem was resolved when we came back to the room after a day of sightseeing. Wi-Fi was slow but he explained he was changing the router system over to a more efficient one. I was sorry we didn't stay there the second night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I will admit that the check in process was slow. However, once in our room everything was as expected. The beds were comfortable (not better than my serta at home, but me and my wife slept well). The hotel appears to have been recently renovated and under new management (as per the clerk at the front desk). Long story short, we will stay here again. And bearing in mind the price, you will definately get a little more than you paid for :).
-just thought i would take a moment to write something down, because it looks like the only people who took the time to write something down had a bad experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Belvidere, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

After waiting for 10 minutes to get someone to actually check us into our room we were Initially were put into a room that had not even been cleaned, then was switched to a room with a king size bed and only two pillows. When we asked for 2 extra pillows, the manager accused us of having other people staying in our room with us, after I offered to let the manager come inspect our room he declined and advised they would see if they could locate some extra pillows... They never came. The next day after being out all day long, we came back to our room with no fresh towels, no pillows, the bed not made, we were still out of facial tissues. I called the front desk and was told that nothing was done cause the maids said we refused service. After convincing the manager that no one was in our room all day long, we finally got the towels we needed but it took 3 phone calls to resolve that. Overall a very poor and disappointing experience. On top of it all, the bed was in horrible shape, back for both me and my girlfriend's backs and the room overall was not comfortable. Next time I am in Tahoe, I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010 via mobile

I'm sitting in the room on the computer & my boyfriend was sleeping....all of a sudden, we hear the door open! thank god the latch lock was on! when we confronted the front desk, the clerk acted like it wasn't a big deal. come to find out when he issued the room to us, somehow he entered room "211" on the computer instead of room "212" which was the room we were in. so that means he tried to issue the room we were in to someone else! can you imagine what would have happened if the latch lock wasn't on or if we weren't in the room at the time the strangers were trying to enter? we would have came back to an empty room. laptop & everything else would have been gone!

• Stayed September 2010
Wilton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I would of rather sleep in a sleeping bag on the ground under the stars, then stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Renovated rooms are clean and functional, with a good tv, comfortable bed, decent lighting, micro-fridge and microwave, desk and chair. Wi-fi worked on and off in room, fine in dining area. No coffee maker, iron, or other amenities, and the loose-fitting front door was worrisome. Noise from main drag was audible even in the back room I requested, but that may be true everywhere along busy Lake Tahoe Blvd. I slept well anyway. No A/C, but I didn't need it; old gas wall heater for cold nights. No tub; shower only. Good desk service, mediocre breakfast. The managers are trying hard to get this place up to speed and, for the price, it's acceptable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Concord, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

stayed there on Memorial day room had a small fridge that make noise like a plane taking off. shower water went from hot to cold and back again, room never got made up we after 1st day. Wall heater did not work they sent someone over to move wires to make a better connection. NO A/C no hair drier they said their would be. even the knobs on the sink were on backwards hot on cold and such. Tried to talk with maid but no english. It was cheap but even for the little money I would not recommend it. no pool and NO INTERNET IN ROOMS

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!