This was out first stay at Alpenrose and we'll be back.
First of all, the Inn was located at a great location - a couple of blocks away from the main streets so we didn't hear any traffic noise, but was still close enough walk to restaurants and Raley's. A semi-private beach - when the teenagers were there to man the gate - was only 5 minute walk away. The best part was that being hotel guests, we had free passes to the beach for the duration of our stay! It would have cost us $5 per entry otherwise.
The hotel check-in was no hassle. Hannah was there and she tried to multi-task a lot. Funny thing was that she loved Lake Tahoe so much that she moved there to do more outdoor activities. Maybe someone forgot to tell her that running an Inn was probably not the best way to go about it...
The lobby was cozy and nicely decorated. There were huge pine cones (some the size of pineapples) lining the lobby with some indoor plants dotting the surroundings. They were building a new stairwell leading to a new upper deck when we were there.
We booked a double room and it was ready when we arrived early afternoon. The toiletries were mostly organic products so we appreciate the nice touch. We were on the second level and our neighbors were quiet and considerate. The beds were nice, not too soft.
Continental breakfast was included in the stay. John was at the front desk in the mornings and he was a character. He was very friendly and took the time to show us some places we could visit around the lake. I could tell that he loved the outdoors and encouraged us to visit other national parks.
All in all it was a pleasant stay that didn't cost us an arm or leg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe