We trusted fellow reviewers and were so pleased with this lovely little inn. Driving up, it looked like a family motel from the sixties and in the best sense it is! The staff is so friendly and helpful, the rooms so large and nicely furnished, and the price so reasonable that it feels as if you've stepped back in time. Even so the flat screen TV, Ipod deck alarm clock, ceiling fan and rare extra of AC in such properties leave no doubt about the commitment to modern comforts. Yes, breakfasts could improve. However, with full coffee makers, fridge and microwave en suite, just pick up a fresh bakery item the night before and enjoy it at your own private dining table or up on the delightful outside deck. The bottom line is this gem is spotless clean, quiet, within walking distance to the main shops at the ski lift, very comfortable and affordable. What more could you ask for in a resort area crammed with cookie-cutter casino hotels and too many family motels that are stuck in time--not surprisingly timeless. We were charmed and will make it our home when in south Tahoe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe