At $89/night in ski season, eight minute walk to Heavenly gondola, a good alternative to pricier options.
- Quiet but still with easy access to slopes, stores and restaurants
- very friendly staff
- bed was perfect in level of softness and firmness
- room was icy upon entry and only source of heat, an iron stove heater, took over an hour to bring the room to room temperature.
- water in shower never got warm enough to take a shower, even after running eight minutes
- breakfast was very simple...a little more of a splurge by the owners could markedly improve this (eg more varied fruit, fresh baked muffins, orange juice, yogurt could all be added to bring this up to the level of most hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe