Well, it was pricey (total plus tax 375 two nights), expected more for starters, the place was a bit run down and breakfast was generic costco fare.
The lady who check us in was actually helpful. Owner checked us out and (gently) scolded us for taking a room that wasn't supposed to be for pets.
Here's an idea...1)fix your website so someone can't book with an animal to that room and 2) make sure your ancillary staff is aware of the difference.
Owner: Don't chide the customer for this, especially after you just told us we could have saved money if we booked directly from you.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Hotel
- Alpenrose Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Alpenrose Motel Lake Tahoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alpenrose Inn is known for its great value in high quality lodging: exceptional customer service and delightful unique accommodations. It is cozy, quiet and clean! Located in a friendly neighborhood of tree-lined streets, the Inn has all the amenities to make your stay in Lake Tahoe memorable and relaxing. It's an easy stroll to the lake shore (beach, marina and restaurant), Heavenly Ski Resort and Village, Edgewood Golf Course, world-class casinos, dining, shopping and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Alpenrose Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.