“Snowboarding and visit to the strip” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sacramento, California
“Snowboarding and visit to the strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great rates, $114 inc tax for a suite w/ King bed and fold out sofa bed. BUT, their sofa bed mattress was "turrible". All springs, and no mattress cover. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! They need to replace it w/ a new mattress ASAP and make sure there is a mattress sheet/cover. Nice bathrooms with circular tub and also a walk in shower. Spacious suite, and very dog friendly. Close to the strip so within walking distance of Village shops/restaurants. They seem to be aware of keeping family w/ young kids("US") away from groups who are there to party. We will definitely stay there again, and hopefully, they get new sofa mattresses. (King bed was very comfy!)

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor room, since there are lots of partying groups, and better to be up above the noi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We were really excited to stay here because of the reviews and the price. Also brought our small dog on the trip so pet owners should be aware of the pet fee, pet tax, and whatever fee on top of that. Booked through Priceline at $50/night plus another $38/night in fees with the pet fee. Complicated reservation issues...rude and unprofessional front desk...I can go on. The fridge was right next to my side of the bed in some sort of cabinet thing. Every time in turned on at night, it woke me up because it was right next to my head. The heater/ac made some sketchy clicking noise that also woke me up. The bed was so uncomfortable that my fiancé and I woke up with back pain. Anyway, there are so many other places to stay aside from this place. We didn't think we would be so disappointed. Oh well. So much for trip advisor reviews being so reliable!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Vallejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I like the rustic appearance. But most everything else ends there. First off heat! Heat comes out but I think a candle lit outside by the front door would produce more heat. I had to squat down to use the mirror. Maybe most people are 5'2" and that's fine for them. Internet. If you are going to advertise internet it should move a little faster than 56k. I did like the fireplace and we burned logs but that produced no heat either. Maybe if I used actual wood and lot's of it it would have made some heat. Overall location is great and I believe they are pet friendly which is a big plus. To many other places to try so Adios to 3 peaks.

Room Tip: check the heater in the winter
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel is conveniently located between the lake and the Heavenly resort cable car. We preferred the rooms on the 2nd floor. I did not see a lift which may make it difficult for some to carry luggage up. The room was a bit dark, and could do with brush up - but we liked the outside area – although we had to clean/swipe the chairs ourselves. There is no breakfast and as we visited, the pool was closed. The price was good and we would stay again but may give some of the newer establishments a look.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Price was great Sunday - Monday. Clean room. Glad we where on second floor, the floor was a bit loud and could see being frustrated on first floor. The setting was quite, close to beach, casino's and shopping - all walking distance. Parking was close. Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service. The front desk agent Stevie was friendly and welcoming. When we told him that we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary he offered to upgrade our room. We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Pet friendly!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Napa, CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

first of all this is one of our Previously, our favorite place to stay in Tahoe but this last trip was quite a disappointment. I tried three times to call to make the reservation only to be put on hold then put through to a machine that was too full to take my message so I had to make my reservation online. When I didn't get a confirmation I called the next morning to make sure the reservation was there and I got one of the two rooms that I wanted. I was told that they couldn't reserve particular rooms, but after much insistence on my part, the girl finally booked me into the room I wanted stating that she put "a do not move" on it so I was all set. I told her it was very important as I had a hard time going up stairs, as does our dog, so we need to the downstairs unit. Imagine our surprise when we arrived only to be told by a gentleman at the front desk (Who wreaked of alcohol) that we were put in an upstairs unit and that was our only choice.
So not only did we have an upstairs unit but it was a much smaller unit than the one I requested and the refrigerator wasn't full size it was small and it was not even turned on. We choose this resort for two reasons one it allows dogs and the other it has full kitchens which we use.

Also three out of the four lights in the kitchen did not work. The heating fan in the bathroom did not work which made for a cold bathroom in the morning. I complained to the manager that morning who kindly gave us $100 gift certificate (towards a future visit only) but did not have maintenance fix the lights or the fan in our room while we were gone for the day. Also the last morning we were there while in the shower if someone were to turn on the water in an adjoining room we were treated to scalding hot water on our body out of the blue which was shocking and painful. I must say we were highly disappointed with this visit (future gift certificate and all) and are unsure if we will return. There is a lot to be worked on before we will be happy coming back to this place again which is sad because we been going there for years.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!